Chapter Thirty-Four: She's Come Undone

KAKUYA POV

I quit my job to take care of my Kasem. No more running after these sorry ass, no good ass, face ass, looking ass niggas. If you're name isn't Kasem or Jagoo, we ain't got nothing to talk about.  

Jagoo is starting first grade and I'm extremely proud of her. Kasem got homesick and moved back home with me after seven months with Khalil. When Kasem first got home, I could tell that she was sick. Within 2-4 weeks, she had some flu-like thing going on such as:

Fever

Chills

Rash

Night sweats

Muscle aches

Sore throat

Fatigue

Swollen lymph nodes

Mouth ulcers

We were eating dinner at the local pancake house when Kasem said she had to use the bathroom. All of a sudden, her eyes rolled in the back of her head and she collapsed on the floor.

IN THE HOSPITAL....

My baby was sweaty, drowsy, and disoriented when the doctor came in. I thought it was just the stomach flu, but judging by the look on the doctor's face, I knew it was something far more serious.

Me: Well, aren't you going to say something?

Doctor: We've run quite a few tests and....I'm sorry Ms. Kain, but you've tested positive for HIV. 

My mouth dropped open looking at Kasem. I knew my baby wasn't a hoe by any means, and that before Trey raped her she wanted to save herself for a nice woman. 

Kasem: No! You have to run that shit again. 

Doctor: We ran the tests 11 times. Kasem, the average T-Cell count in a person is 500-1500. Your T-Cell count is 12. 

I burst out crying. My poor baby! Kasem was sobbing right along with me. 

Kasem: I don't want to die!

Doctor: You're not going to. With your medications, you can live a healthy and longer life. For now, let's get you comfortable---

Kasem: COMFORTABLE! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN COMFORTABLE!?!?!? I NEED...........I need to get healthy, I have things to do. I have a future........

Doctor: I know you are afraid....but you will be okay. Trust me, understand this and know that we will support you in every way possible.

I don't know what to feel. My baby was raped by my baby's father and I failed to protect her. She needs me more than ever now, and I can't and WON'T let her down again. 

Bet that!