Chapter 5: The Tour Begins

LISA'S POV

Gosh. Back to back shows every night for the past month is no joke. That's 30 shows already. And we are not even done with the American leg. We have another month here before we go Europe and then Asia. How does Taylor do this?

A couple of dancers were starting to feel their body breaking down. But everyone is trying not to get hurt or fall sick. We are split into 2 tours buses, the guys and the girls. I'm so glad that the girls are very considerate and clean. I don't think I would be able to take the mess.

Jennie and I barely have time to have a proper phone conversation. It has reduced to like 8 text messages a day. And each text comes and goes in paragraphs. Somewhat like we're writing a journal entry to each other.

I was missing her like crazy. When she shared that she's pushed back her concert so that I'll be back and to attend, I was so thrilled. I asked if I could be a part of dance crew too. She was more than happy to let me, but she worries that I will be too tired after touring with Taylor.

We were just done with another show and I have just washed up and climbed into my bunk bed in the bus.

<Beep!>

Jennie: Hi baby, you're probably lying in bed now right? It's going to be a long day today. I'm going into the studio to do some recording and writing. 2 months down, 10 to go. I miss you more each day. But it also teaches me to appreciate every single moment we have. I'm so so proud of you. I saw some of the clips online and you look and dance so well. I can't believe you're mine. I love you. Rest well hun!

Lisa: Hey baby, yeah. I'm in bed now. How do you do this - touring? You're so amazing you know that? I have a whole new level of respect for you. I hope that in the future, you'll know you're not alone and I want to go through all of it together with you. You can count on me to dance my ass off for you. I'm going to crash now. And the tour bus is setting off to Las Vegas. I miss you and love you.

"Girls! We're here!" Taylor's PA, Don, came on the bus to wake us.

It's 4am. All of us looked like death. We were stumbling down the bus. The guys were the same.

"Okay everyone. I'll make this quick. There's food catered. So you can have your breakfast, sleep or both. But be here for lunch at 12pm. We'll start hair and make up at 3pm for tonight's show. There's an after party after tonight's show down at the strip. So we'll head there together." Don said.

A few of the guys decided they needed food. The rest of us crawled back to the bus to sleep.

"An after party? Really? I just want to sleep, not party." Cheryl, a dancer who I grew close to whined.

"I know right?" I answered. The next thing I knew, Cheryl was asleep on the floor, she didn't even make it up to her bed.

Lisa: Hi baby, the concert just ended. There's an after party down at one of the clubs along the strip. And all I want is to be in my onesie, in bed. But I'm in a tight dress. God.. it's itchy too. I promise I won't drink too much. I'm so glad at least tomorrow we'll be on the road so I can sleep the whole day. I miss you so much.

I didn't have time to see if Jennie was typing a reply. I was dragged out by a dancer, Nicole, into the club with the rest of the girls. "I think I'm going to have a migraine." That was all I thought of.

The record label has the whole club booked for the night. There were other artistes here. But we just hung around at our corner. Until one smartass, Jason, decided to bring some of the party to us. And there are now 4 women dancing amongst us. Jason has one in his arms.

'Trouble', a warning in me set off.

"I don't think we should be doing this." I leaned over to Cheryl to whisper to her.

"It'll be fine." Cheryl waved off. I knew then that I should stop drinking and look out for them. There are cameras outside. They are not here for us but you never know.

"Hey dude, you got a girlfriend. Stop hugging her!" Another dancer, Scottie tried to pull Jason away. By this point, both of them had way too many drinks to think straight.

"OHHHHH!" I hear gasps going off around us.

I looked over and saw one of the rappers beating the life out of Jason.

"That's my girlfriend jerk!" And another blow to his stomach.

"Break it off!" The other male dancers jumped in and within seconds, a fight broke out. I looked to the exit and saw many people leaving. Taylor was dragged out by her manager, Matt.

"Girls, quick get to your bus!" Don yelled over to us.

I turned over and the girls could barely stand.

"Fuck!" I pulled Cheryl up and she slumped back down. "Damnit Cheryl." I quickly carried her on my back. And then supporting Nicole on my side. The other girls managed to stumble onto their feet and we quickly exited. The moment we stepped out, I was blinded by flashes. I quickly brought the 2 up the bus and went back down to see if anyone was left in the club.

"Scottie! Oh my god, come on! Let me bring you to the bus." I was supporting him, he could barely walk and his face was covered with blood.

"Lisa! Lay him here and go back to your bus. I'll handle the rest. Don't answer anyone along the way. Quick, straight to your bus now." Don instructed and I just nod.

I got up the bus and the girls were either slumped on the sofa or their beds. And here it is, the migraine.

"Lisa? You're sober." Mr White, our driver said. "I am, Mr White."

"Don has asked me to drive a few blocks down to the empty parking space. Taylor will see us there too." He started the bus.

"We're in trouble aren't we?" I was really worried.

20 minutes later, we were parked. I checked on the girls and we sat at the common area.

"How are you sober, Lisa?" Cheryl laid back as she asked.

"I told you I sensed trouble. Someone had to stop drinking." I stated flatly. I guess it was a discipline thing for me. I never let myself get drunk, especially in public or while on a job. So seeing them like this, makes me angry. Because they put themselves and their careers in danger.

The door bus opened and Don popped in. "Lisa, come down will you, please?"

I went down and I was met with Taylor, Matt, Don and 4 other men who looked like police officers.

They had a portable table and chair set up and was sat around it.

"Lisa, come take a seat girl." Taylor called me over.

I took a deep breath as I sat down beside her.

"Don't worry, you're not in trouble." I looked up at her and I thought about the rest. And like she was reading my mind, "no one is. We actually just wanted to know what happened." She said holding one of my hands.

"One of the dancers invited a few girls over to where we were for drinks and dance. And one of the girls happened to be one the guests' girlfriend." I didn't want to call out names.

"I see. You're a very loyal person Lisa. I won't ask you for their names even though I know you know who were involved. You guys are lucky that no one is pressing charges. But I'm afraid that it was chaotic enough that it will be big news in the morning. We'll leave you guys now. Thank you for your time." One of the officers said and then left.

Matt sigh, "Thank you Lisa." I responded with a nod.

"Taylor, no one's going to get into trouble right? Are you going to be okay too?" I was still worried that this could affect her tour.

"Lisa, thank you for everything tonight. You've helped more than we could ever expect. I promise, no one's going to get into trouble." Taylor assured.

"Yeah. We've got the PR side covered." Matt seconded.

"I'll walk you back to your bus. And we can set off." Don sent me back to our bus.

The girls we were tucked in. How do they sleep with make up on? I can't.