Chapter 1: New Roommate

It was a few years after that incident, where I told everyone the secret i had been trying to keep for years. But the guilt got to me, and I told everyone everything. About pushing my sister off the stairs, and hanging her up. Everyone was obviously mortified, except for Kel. 

"Its alright Sunny, we'll get through his." He said through clenched teeth, shaking ever so slightly. Hero, Aubrey, and even Basil was surprised, and horrified. Hero had to walk out for a second and Aubrey just straight up left. Basil told us to get out of the room, to give him some space. So we did, ever since then me and Kel have grown closer. But we started to drift apart as soon as we went to college, for a year we didnt contact eachother... Until I decided to move out of my parents' house and go live in the dorms. 

"Sunny??" I stopped in my tracks and turned around, it was Kel!!! 

"Hi." I said to Kel awkwardly, but my tone wasnt sounding very awkward. Just plain. 

"What are you doing here in front of my dorm?" Kel said bewildered, his dorm? This is my dorm! I didnt say anything, I just showed my key and he understood. "So Sunny, funny coincidence huh?" I didnt say anything, yet again. I mean I guess it is, but really the whole reason i enrolled in this college was because of Kel. Kel was the only person who supported me during that time, everyone else forgot about me. 

"Im happy." I said while opening the door to my new dorm. Kel stayed silent for a while, I guess it's because I don't really talk about my emotions.

"Well uh, im really happy too! Since I get to see you again!" Kel said laughing as i went into the dorm. The dorm was obviously very messy, one side was kept clean, the other a total mess. The smell of deodorant and maybe a mix of spoiled milk hit my nose, I felt like collapsing on the ground just by the smell alone, no cologne could fix this. 

"Whats wrong sunny?" Kel said concerned.

"How do you live." I choked on the air, i had to go out of the dorm for a second. Does no one check on him?? Of course, it would get this bad. After a while I was okay again, but the trauma kept on getting to me, good thing I brought some air freshener. I ran into the hazardous zone and sprayed air freshener everywhere. 

"HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING, OH GOD THAT SMELLS HORRIBLE!!!!" Kel coughed, his senses arent ready for this "WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!" It's like hes never heard of being clean. 

"Kel, you need to take care of yourself." It finally smelt acceptable, but the smell still lingered.

"You violated my room Sunny...." He dropped to the floor dramatically, he needs to get a reality check. I sighed and decided to unpack my things, after I was done with that I caught Kel crying in the corner.

"My sanctuary.... It's all ruined..." Hes always like this, by now it was already 8pm, time goes by fast. 

"Alright Kel, let's go to McDonalds." He stopped crying, he turned his head and looked very pitiful.

"Can I get some orange joe." He said while wiping his tears.

"Yes, we can get some orange joe." He quickly got up and gave me like 5 bucks, really? I looked at him to give his a little talk, but I guess I couldnt do it in the end. We both walked to McDonalds, on the way of course Kel had to point out everything, yes, i know. Theres a basketball court, thank you for telling me. As soon as we arrived he said he wanted fries and orange joe, i decided to get the same. 

"So Sunny, I didnt know you were in the same College as me." Kel said while enjoying his orange joe.

"Yeah, I didn't know either." (lies) I heard from hero that you were going to this school, but i wouldn't tell Kel that. It would be pretty awkward to hear that from your male best friend, wouldn't it? 

"Im just happy youre here Sunny, honestly without you around it's been lonely." Kel chuckled, if you say that then... We finished our McDonalds and decided to go back to the dorms, yknow to sleep and stuff. I turned off the lights and said goodnight to Kel, because for some reason hes scared of the dark. 

"Hey Sunny, yknow its pretty scary right now. Uhhhhhh um yknow i always have my nightlight on but i dont have one anymore cause Hero stole it, he said im a chicken. So he stole my stuffed animal too." Kel rambled on about his fear of the dark, at some point I was just too tired to bother with him anymore.

"Jesus Christ Kel, I get it, i know youre scared of the dark, what do you want me to do about it?" I just wanted to go to bed, and not hear his sobbing. 

"Yknow can i just like cuddle you for a little bit.?" I heard Kel mutter, for god sakes.

"No." I turned around and ignored him, but i heard him crying so i felt kind of bad. "Fine, ok just shut up." I heard all sorts of things falling, i think i heard a lamp break. He was so scared he ran across the room, scaredy cat. 

"I owe you for this." Kel said cuddling me from behind. Yeah you really do Kel, you really fucking do.