[ClassMates- Pt.3]

♡ ———————————— ♡

Xiao's speed and agility was indescribable. And he was absolutely stunning.

Suppose anyone just watching from the sidelines; who was paying enough attention, couldn't deny how skillful Xiao truly was. With as much skill as he had hidden away, competing against Aether was full of thrill— it was almost intoxicating. Then before he knew it Xiao was fully absorbed in their one on one. "Need a break?" Aether huffed. He was keeping up, and was full of more surprises then Xiao gave him credit for. The sharp eye contact felt like it bore into each other's soul as Xiao kept his focus on the blond in front of him; his opponent. "Don't underestimate me."

Xiao's next attack was swift, leaving no room for Aether to prepare; he was exposed.

And then, the round had ended. Both could hear each other's heavy gasps for air. While it was tiring, they still desired the rush of adrenaline they received from one another. To keep sparring even if their bodies had been completely worn out. But worn out they were. "You.. were amazing out there Xiao! That.. was fun.. but I think I'll take myself up on my own offer.. I'm beat" Aether chuckled, slowly dragging himself to the spot where his personal belongings were left beforehand. Xiao didn't say anything except tag along silently from behind, waiting patiently.

Was it the sun's heat beating down on him or the excitement from their sparring match, but Xiao knew that his face had suddenly began to feel hotter than before— and the sight of Aether carelessly leaving droplets fall along his mouth as he drank wasn't helping either.

"Ahh.. that's better, hey did you want some too?" Aether looked pleased after having his nice cold drink, and once he was away from the heat of battle he spread out his body in the shaded grass. "It's okay, I can always get more later" Aether patted the spot next to him with a smile and handed over the already opened bottle of water in his hand. "Oh.. sorry there isn't much left, but you can have the rest!"
"..Alright then, thank you." Reluctantly, Xiao takes it.
'He drank out of this already.. this.. isn't anything strange to drink from the same bottle— this is ridiculous.' //
Xiao stopped himself. He was just overthinking it. Whether because he was dying of thirst or because it was something Aether offered willingly, it was difficult to refuse him. Xiao hesitated; before drinking what was left in the bottle.

"I knew it" Aether huffed.

'Huh?'

Xiao froze. Knew what?
"You must be dehydrated" Aether confirmed. "Hm, there was barely anything left.. I'll get you some more, just wait a moment!" Before he could respond Aether had already taken the bottle from Xiao's hands and jogged off.

Xiao sighed in relief. Had he thought that Aether suddenly became a mind reader.

Bonus:

"My, my that was quite a performance— what a sight to see, you're even as red as a tomato!" Hu Tao ghosted from behind until she could tease her fun at the blushing mess in front of her. Xiao never ceased to admit it, but the truth was that she could still get to him no matter what.

"H-Hey— shut up.." /// Xiao whispered, keeping a hand close to his face; shielding his embarrassment.