𝐀 𝐂 𝐓 𝐓 𝐇 𝐑 𝐄 𝐄

1.3 | SHE HAS FLOWERS IN HER HAIR

ANNA

I am getting married. It's more like either I marry this noticeably attractive man sitting next to me or live on the streets. “We will follow a contract, it won't be a real marriage, just in front of people and my father especially.” he says as the car stops in front of the building. “Merger process will be over in few months, we need to be married before that for me to transfer the ownership to you.” I nod, I don't know what else to say.

“Does your father finding out that you can't do just one job he thinks you can, matter so much to you? So much so you are willing to marry a stranger?” I ask, “People won't speculate, including my father regarding the transfer since I would be transferring it to my wife.” he says, completely ignoring my question.

“Take the day to think over.” he steps out the car, before the guard at the gate could shut the door, I stop him. “I am done thinking, my situation hasn't left me with much of a choice.” he nods, “Steve, drive her to the penthouse.” the secretary gets back into the car. I take a moment to observe the company building that seemed to be touching the sky.

“We will go over the contract once I come back—” he stops mid sentence and reaches for his phone. His expressions change, looking much more grim now. He calls out for his secretary as poor Steve steps out of the car again and runs over to his boss. “Yes Sir?” what the hell is going on? “They know already.” boss says, who knows what?

“Arrange for a private security for Anna, call Min security and ask for their best of the best.” Steve nods as if being very familiar with a situation like this. I on the other hand, am still utterly confused.

JUNGKOOK

“Your flight will depart from gate A2, have a safe flight.” I nod, picking up my ticket and passport. A relaxing vacation, the solitude in Paris— I pull out the ringing phone out of my pocket, “What is it? Miss me already.” I could feel the man on the other end of the call rolling his eyes in annoyance.

“Get your ass over here Jeon, vacation over. You have a new client.” oh fuck no, this client better be the President himself, or else we are going to have some problem. “You promised to be back on duty whenever I call.” I need to be careful with my words from now on. I grab my luggage and walk out of the airport, not in a very benevolent mood either.

ΦΦΦ

I look at the open file on the passenger seat as I drive through the paved path leading to pretentiously extravagant penthouse. I step out of the car, in front of the water fountain, over looking the pristine garden. The venue doesn't surprise me, I have seen much better. I decide to leave the file in the car and walk towards the entrance of the house.

Anna Kim that's her name, I saw the picture in the file, her eyes, there was something about her eyes. Something I have nothing to do with. My easy guess is, model or a celebrity. I know spoiled brats like them. Got into the industry with daddy's money and now enjoying a full fledged luxury, fame. Drugs, parties, scandal, that's all their life revolves around.

“Mr. Jeon?” I look up at the frail looking man clad in a suit. “I am Steve, please follow me.” I do so, entering the penthouse. Crystal clear floors, lofty display of million dollar art covering the walls, luxury dripping from the glass chandeliers hung above. “This is Ms. Kim.” Steve said, the woman whose back was facing my turns around on her name being mentioned.

Her pink floral dress flares around her knees with her turn. She walks towards me in small steps, seeming unfamiliar to this palatial residence just as much as me. Strands of her jet black hair braided, rest left open flowing over her shoulders. “Hi.” a smile covers her face, a petunia falls on the ground. She quickly picks it up with an awkward chuckle.

Flowers, this woman has fucking flowers in her hair, she just needs a pair of wings and a halo, people would probably start worshipping her then. “Jeon Jungkook.” I reply, “I am—” I cut her off, “I am already aware.” I take a step back, she is too close, the fragnance of whatever floral perfume she has on, fills my lungs. “I will check through the overall security strength of this place along with that I would be needing profiles of all the housemaids and servants working here.” Steve leaves to retrieve the profiles I hope.

“Let's drop formalities, Anna. How did you get here?” I wait for her to respond. “The company car.” she says, her eyes traveling from my head to toe, I clear my throat and she quickly looks back at me. Her eyes— “Did you make a stop?” I enquire, cutting of my own thoughts. Rule one for a personal guard is not be be involved with their clients, emotionally (I am not really bothered about this one) or physically (slightly bothered about this one).

“Yeah, at a tteokbokki stall.” she says with a smile, “We need to check for any attached tracking devices.” she looks surprised, as a celebrity she must aware about the lengths a ‘fan’ can go to find out the address of their idols. “Raise your arms.” I say, talking a step closer to her. “Are– Are you going to pat me down?” nervousness clouds her face.

“The magnet rings would catch on any metallic device.” I point at the rings in my fingers. “Why– do you need to do it?” I sigh, “I understand that you could be uncomfortable but let me make myself clear.” she stares at her hands fiddling with her bracelets. “Look at me Anna.” she does, fuck I shouldn't have said that. “I do not have any ill intentions, I have been sent to protect you, it is my job. You can call anyone inside to be here if that would ease you.” I don't fucking know why am I talking to her like that. This isn't the first client I have had.

“But, I will be the only one touching you and I will make sure no one else does.” the words churn something inside me, this is going to be hell of a job. I should have just quit.

━━━ 선택의 여지가 없다 ━━━
« No choices to choose from »

Keywords :
» Tteokbokki —  Korean traditional food which has sticks of rounded rice cake as the main ingredient. ' tteok ' is the Korean word for rice cake and 'bokki ' is the Korean word for something fried.

Author's Note :- I just want to say a quick thank you for 100+ reads, it's a small achievement but still means a lot to me. Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts so far ♡』

•◦ೋ•◦❥•◦ೋ•┈┄┄┄┄┈•◦ೋ•◦❥•◦ೋ•