Chapter 5: Infiltration

When Jacob returned to his human form, and got some clothes he had arrived at the Cullen's house like he told Edward he would. He wanted to try and calm himself down a little and not be so angry, but the situation with Leah still bothered him of course.

When Jacob walked into the living room, the Cullens' were standing up talking and muttering against themselves while Bella and Edward were on the couch, seeming that Edward was trying to comfort Bella. Then everyone knowing Jacob was there stopped talking and looked towards him as Bella did the same.

"Hey, Jake," She said.

"Hey."

"How are you?"

"I'm fine," he said as he walked over towards her and stood in front her.

"Look, Jake, I'm sorry about the other day y-" Jacob quickly cut her off.

"No Bella, I'm sorry. I went too far and I shouldn't have said what I said. I was just upset and angry and took it all out on you. You're a great mom, and we all know that, and so does Renesmee." Jacob smiled at Bella and she yet again saw her best friend who has always been there for her no matter what.

"Thanks Jake," Bella smiled.

"Hurt her again and I'll make you regret it," Edward smiled jokingly, in an oddly relaxed way.

"Or maybe I'll just do it," Bella chuckled. "I got in a few good punches last time." Then the three of them chuckled oddly at the memory of a few years ago after Bella found out that Jacob had imprinted on Renesmee. She was one tough newborn.

"So," Jacob started as he put his hands in his pockets. "What's the plan?"

"Well," Carlisle started. "Bella took into consideration some of the things you suggested. And thought we could bring a couple people back that helped us before."

"Ok...? That it?"

"I feel like we should only bring back the ones with special abilities, like the Amazons, and Kate. To have them as a stronghold if things go wrong. But I think we should find someone who wasn't here and that the Volturi dont know about." Bella explained

"Ok I can see a positive in that...But your still not exactly telling me what it is Bells..." Jacob said.

"Bella wants to try and infiltrate the Volturi by using the unknown person to get back Renesmee. So this person will try to join the Volturi and if accepted, gain their trust and having the others as back up in case things go wrong." Alice explained. "But the thing is this person has to be someone who hates the Volturi as well."

"I'll make some calls, I have a few ideas." Carlisle said as he walkes out the room.

"But we have to plan this carefully," Esme started. "And if we can get out of this without the Volturi ever knowing it was us that would also be great."

"Exactly. Because if not, it could very well be our heads." Rosalie interjected.

"Jasper," Edward started. "Do you think you can map out all of volterra. The entrances and exits...so there will be a quick and easy escape."

"That wont be too hard," Jasper replied and walked out the room.

"If it ends up in a fight, you know we can take them," Emmett said.

"But thats what we need to avoid at all costs," Esme said. "If the Volturi find out they will be furious."

"And even if we got away, they'll come after us until the end of time," Edward said.

Jacob looked over at Bella and smiled. "Great plan, Bella."

"Yeah, thanks. I've had a lot of practice."

"So where do we come in this?" Jacob asked ready to know and play his part.

"Don't get too anxious Jacob. This will take time." Edward said and Jacob just rolled his eyes ignoring Edward to wait for Bella to respond.

"Well," Bella quickly started. "Of course we want you there for more muscle, but Jacob we want you there at the exit to get Renesmee from our infiltrater and then take her back to whatever hideout we're staying at outside of volterra. It'll be quicker that way."

"I can do that."

"Alright," Edward started, "Now that everyone's filled in, Bella we should start making preparations."

"Right."

"I'll let the pack know what's up." Jacob said.

As Jacob started to leave Edward stopped him to say something. "It'll be Alright. It may take some time, but they'll come around."

Jacob nodded and left. Edward had read his mind. Jacob knew that it would be difficult to have the other wolves help him in this, only now because of the recent conflict with Leah. He could already feel from before, when they left, that they trusted him less because of his act. But he hoped that if they didn't help to help him, that they would at least help to help Renesmee.