Part 10

"What?!" Kareena says shocked. Kritika who had come downstairs rushed to mother on hearing her scream and asks, "what happened Mumma?"

"Sherlyn's baby is no more. Poor child, didn't even get to see the world but like we got our punishment, Sherlyn got hers. The inspector told me it was like she was alive but dead. She actually cared for her child and apparently Sheryln's was a living person with soul of a dead body. " Kareena says, sadly.

Kritika sadly nods and says, "well like you said this was her punishment. I wonder whether or not we'll ever see her again."

"We won't, " Kareena says. "Mumma, I know she arrested but........."

"She's dead," Kareena interrupts.

"What?! How?" Krikita yells, shocked.

"She attempted suicide and succeeded," Kareena says. "Oh," Kritika whispers.

"But why were you so shocked like something horrible, way worse than this news, had happened?" Kritika asks.

"The inspector also informed me that Mahira has escaped prison," Kareena says.

"What?!" Krikita yells.

"And I think we should go over to Preeta's to make sure she is safe," Kareena says.

"Yes mumma you're right. We need to go over to Bhabhi," Kritika says, momentarily forgetting that Preeta broke all her relations with their family.

Kareena and Kritika go to Preeta's house and Mahesh, Rishabh, Rakhi and Sameer follow after overhearing their conversation.

================================================================================================================================================================

Nani goes out of Preeta's room with Preeta following close behind. Nani sits down near Sarla in the living room while Preeta remains standing.

Nani exhales and says, "Sarla, mujhe tumse kuch baat karni thi."

"Jee Maa bolo," Sarla replies. "Preeta ko uske sasural bhej dena chayiye," says Nani.

"Maa, aap ye kya bol rahi hain? Main aapni beti ko uss ghar me baapas kase bhej sakti ho? Unn logo ne Preeta ke sath kya kya nahi kya? Unno ne meri beti ki bohot bazati ki hain, use bohot rulaya hain. Main usse waha per nahi bhej sakti, " Sarla says.

"Dekho Sarla, agar Preeta unn logo maaf karde kya tum kardo gyi? Agar Preeta wahan jaana chayiye gyi tum kya usse jane do gyi?" Nani asks.

"Agar Preeta wahan rehna chahti hain tu mein Luthra's ko sirf ek aur baar maaf kar sakti hoon. Agar Preeta wahan nahi rehna chahti tu mein unn logo ko kabhi bhi nahi maaf kar pao gyi. Unno meri beti ka dil bohot dukhaya hain. Preeta kya tumne Karan ke saath rehna hain?" Sarla turns to Preeta.

Preeta looks at Nani, silently asking whether this is the right time to reveal her feelings for Karan. Nani nods. Preeta takes a deep breath and says, "Maa, mujhe pyaar hain kisi se."

Someone who was standing there and listening to the conversation felt their heart shatter into a million pieces on hearing Preeta say that she loved someone else but then again it was his own fault that she wasn't with him. He knew he truly loved her but he couldn't see her with someone else, so he at that moment he decided he would never see Preeta again and let her be happy with whomever she loved. Even if it meant that he would feel incomplete and lonely for the rest of his life.

Karan was about to leave when he heard Sarla ask, "kisse hain pyaar tujhe Preeta?"

Karan stopped and decided that he would unite Preeta and the person she loved before exiting their lives forever but Preeta's reply was not at all what expected.

"Maa, mujhe...mujhe...... k..karan se pyaar hain!" Preeta quickly finished.

Karan was delighted and stunned that Preeta reciprocated his feelings.

Karan slowly walks up to the open front door of Preeta's house and knocks on the door. The Arora family's and Preeta's attention shifts towards the front door. Everyone is astounded to see Karan at the front door. Preeta turns towards Sarla and pleads with her eyes to let her go to her in-laws, to her bajarbattu, to her Karan.

Sarla sighs and says, "thik hain Preeta, main tum aapne susural phir bhej se jaa sakti ho par, agar mujhe ye pata laga ke tumhari koi bezatti kar raha hain ja phir tumpe joota elzam laga raha hain to main tumhe baapas le aougi."

Preeta nods and hugs Sarla tightly, then turns towards Karan. Karan gives Preeta a wide smile, while Preeta nervously goes up to Karan and asks, "tumne saari baate sun li, kya?"

Karan grins and then nods and Preeta groans, knowing she'll have to listen to Karan's self-praise for the rest of her life. Karan whispers, in a voice that only Preeta can hear, "I love you too, Bajarbatti."

Preeta's cheeks turn a light shade of pink. She smiles and Karan and Preeta are just about to loose themselves in each others eyes when they hear a loud scream coming from outside the neighbourhood.

"Preeta Arora! Kaha ho tum?" shouts a familiar female voice.

"Bahar ho, abhi ke abhi varna bohot bura hoyga!"

Preeta rushes outside, while the Karan, Sarla and Nani follow. All of them stand dumbfounded when they see Mahira. They all are thinking the same thing, how did Mahira get out of jail?"

Mahira sees Preeta and says, "Hi Preeta, mujhe pata hain ki tum yeh soch rahi ho ke Mahira jail se bahar kese aayi. Well, let me tell you. Maine na jo inspector mujhe kahana dene aaya tha na usse apni cell ki chabi chura li aur phir maine aapne ko bahar nikala liya aur yaha tak ponch gayi main. Aur aab main yaha aagyi tumhe saaza dene ke liye."

Mahira takes out a knife and smirks, "tumne mere Karan ko mujhse cheena na tha, abb dekho main tumhara kya haal karti ho. Agar tumhe tarpa tarpa ke na maroo na to mera naam bhi nahi soon-to-be Mrs. Karan Luthra!"

Mahira slowly inches towards Preeta when Karan goes near Preeta and clasps her hand. Mahira glares daggers at the sight in front of her and shouts, " Karan, Preeta ka haath choro! Vo tumhari patni kabhi hain nahi thi. Mujhse hone vali thi na tumhari engagement, tu main hui na tumhari patni."

Karan does not move and neither does he say anything as the police comes and tries to take Mahira away but end up having to shoot her as she does not surrender and go with the police.

Kareena & Kritika reach the scene, shortly after the police leaves and Kareena pleads for forgiveness. Rakhi, Rishabh, Mahesh and Sameer also come and start asking Preeta how she is. Preeta tells them that she is fine and begs Mahesh to forgive everyone, as Preeta has done so herself. Mahesh reluctantly agrees to give everyone one more chance and the Luthra's and Preeta leave for Luthra house.

================================================================================================================================================================

Karan goes to Preeta and hugs her tight. Karan says, "I love you Preeta, aaj ke baad hum ek dusre ko kabhi chor ker nahi jaagye. Thik hain?" Preeta nods and reciporates Karan's hug.

Karan kisses Preeta's forehead and they hold each other's hand tightly, ready to overcome any problem that god threw at them, together.

THE END

Will miss you guys!

-Signing off

~ Riya Sharma