Breakfast

Pov hunter

I've been awake for about an hour now.. all I could do was look around the room I was in.

I woke up in privacy. No one to wake me up for breakfast because everyone had to be downstairs at a certain time. No one I had to look out for. A room of my own..

I just couldn't believe it..

I was so thankfull for Masae. She took me in and all because she didn't want a boy my age to grow up without a family..

I've officially been living here for a few months now. And every morning I wake up, I try to get a grasp on where I am now.

A smile crept upon my face as I suddenly jumped out of bed. I took hold of my stuffed animal and walked towards my wardrobe.

The weekend has come, I'm hungry and Miya will come by this afternoon. Maybe after breakfast I can hang out with Reki in his room and help him finish up his board. He's got a custom request from the skateshop he works at. He's been busy with the project for days now. He'd start painting today.

I got dressed in a joggings pants and an oversized t-shirt and opened the door. I walked downstairs and the moment I turned the corner, I noticed Reki and Masae sitting at the table. Reki enjoying some food and Masae was just drinking some coffee.

I stood still in the doorway just watching them talk to eachother for a few seconds holding my stuffed animal close to my chest with both my arms.

Reki was the first one to notice me.

"Hunter, You're awake already! We didn't expect you for atleast another hour", Reki said with a smile on his face shoving another spoon of cornflakes with milk into his mouth. "Yes exactly. Escpecially after such a busy week. Take a seat, can I maybe make you something for breakfast?", Masae said as she stood up.

I nodded as I spoke up. "I'll have what Reki's having please". I walked towards the table and sat down. "You're hair's a mess", Reki said while laughing and taking another spoon full. "Look who's the one to talk", I replied back in a sassy manner. "Hey! This is my style! You just have bad bed hair". I lift my hand and felt the top of my head only to indeed feel a strand of hair standing straight up. My face got red and I tried to push it down. But to no avail..

"Hunter, don't worry about it. Just take a shower after breakfast and it will be gone", Reki said reasuringly.

"Here you go sweety, onjoy your cornflakes", Masae said as she put a bowl in front of me. I gave her a smile.

"Thank you, Masae"

I took a bite and a silence filled the room. That was untill Reki broke it again.

"So, Hunter.. whatsupp with the stuffed animal?", he asked. I looked at him before speaking up. "What do you mean whatsupp?", I asked him. "Well, every since you've got here, you've been holding on to that husky this whole time. I just wonder what the story with it is".

"Oh, I could tell you that", I replied, "It was given to me by my parents a few years back. Right now it gives me comfort. But I can stop bringing it with me through the house if you don't want that".

"Hunter.. you know I would never ask something like that of you. I was just curious and now I know! Bring it with you to my room as well if you want too". "Really!", I said as my eyes suddenly lit up. "Ofcourse!"

A big smile was visable on my face as I took a spoon of cornflakes as well.

~~~~

I walked into Reki's room without asking for permission. I knew he knew I was gonna come hang out in his room after my shower. Without saying a word I walked towards his bed, sat down and grabbed his pillow to cuddle with. I know he said I could bring my husky, but it wasn't necessary. I already felt comfortable enough in Reki's room. The moment I sat down, I was ingulved in Reki's scent. Like almost every time I came into his room. And I have to say. I like it..

'Can you hand me that newspaper", he said reaching his hand out towards me without looking at me. I gladly stood up and walked towards the newspaper and gave it to him.

"What are you making?", I asked him standing over him. I loved seeing Reki being so pasionate about making skateboards.

"I've got a client that wants a drawing off a skull and shit on their skateboard. It's not really my thing but I guess someone can like it", he said. "I like it", I replied back. A laugh escaped Reki's mouth before speaking up. "Yeah, maybe thats why you have a matt black skull on your own skateboard".

I shook my head and walked towards the bed. I sat down crosslegged and started hugging Reki's pillow again. "When does it have to be finished?", I asked. "Tomorrow", Reki simply replied. "I've never been to the skateshop with you before. Can I maybe come with you tomorrow?". Reki suddenly turned his head around. "Oh uhm.. I gues that wouldn't be a problem. It is work tho, so I might not have all the time in the world. We do have a small skate ramp behind the building for testing out skateboards. You can chill there if you want", Reki said turning back to his project, "I could show you around. It would be fun".

"That's great!", I said but quickly got interupted by Reki's door opening. We both turned our heads towards the door to see who was coming in. "Miya!", I said feeling my heartbeat fasten up by just the sight of him. Enjoyment and excitement rushed through my vains.

"Does anyone even bother to knock anymore these days?" Reki muttered under his breath continuing his project.