The race part 1

Pov Hunter

We walked through the gates off S. And it sure was crowded.. I didn't come to S that often tho. Miya found it to dangerous and didn't want me to get myself into a bad situation.. he always cared for my like that. Reki always took me to S when there was an important race. Wait.. is that why it is so crowded?

"Hey Reki?", I started as I tucked on his hoodie, "is there an important race going on tonight? You usually take me when one of us is gonna race. Is joe or kaoru gonna race?". "Uhm yeah, kinda sorta", Reki replied. I raised an eyebrow at his remark untill it hit me. "Wait, are you gonna race!", I asked. "No, I'm not. Don't ask so many questions. Just enjoy tonight". Reki confused me with his answer but I just shrugged it off. He's right tho, I needed to get out of my room, and what better then seeing some people skateboard.

Out of habit, I looked to the right and spoke up. "Hey Mi..", I blurred out, but stopped myself noticing he wasn't there. My heart dropped as I realized what just happened. "You wanted to say something?", Reki asked. I looked at him awkwardly and shook my head no. "No, I'm sorry. I thought.. I saw something I guess..". I looked to my right to where Miya always used to walk next to me. It's.. weird.. not having him here.

A saddened look appeared on my face as I looked down. I took Reki's hand to atleast feel a bit more comfortable in the situation.

"Reki", we suddenly heard Langa say as after he cleared his throat. Even tho my eyes were glued to the ground, they widened as I felt Reki loosing his grip and let go of my hand.

I.. knew what it meant..

I'm.. sorry Langa..

My eyes got watery again but I kept the tears in. It's my fault and he has every right to do so..

I put my hand in the pockets of my hoodie and we continued walking. I.. wanted to go home right then and there.. but I didn't.

"The race starts in 5 minutes. Do you want to be at the start or do you want to wait in the middle", Reki asked me. "I.. don't know who's racing. But I guess we can go to the start", I replied. Reki nodded and walked us in the direction of the starting line. "We can go to the finish after they left off", Reki replied guiding us through the mass of people.

I heard people talk about the race. About who they wanted to win and who was racing, but I didn't really pay attention to any of it. My mind was working overtime right now trying to get my mind off of Miya.

"So, what are you gonna put on the table as a bet", A man said with a grinn. He was waiting in front of the starting line talking to someone. Pribably his opponent.. I looked at the man but didn't recognize him. I turned to Reki and spoke up. "If I don't recognize anyone in this race, why was it so important for me to come", I asked Reki. Without looking at me, Reki pushed me a bit foreward further in front of the crows revealing the strangers opponent.

My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat. No.. I think it just stopped for a second there..

I'd recognize that hoodie anywhere.. that green cat hoodie I wore all the time. Miya loved seeing me in it..

That perfect black silky hair.. those beautifull green eyes. His facial features.. it was as if I breathed through my nose, I could smell his scent with the wind. Everything around me vanished and I started to feel light headed.

"I don't care what I'll bet. I'll do whatever you want for 1 day because I know I'm not gonna loose"

Shiveres went down my spine. I haven't heard his voice in a week.. and it was only now how much I realized I missed him. I wanted to run towards him and hug him, I walked to hold him in my arms and caress his back.. I wanted him next to me.

Miya..

I could clearly feel tears stream down my cheeks.

"Anything?", we all heard Miya's opponent say. "Yes, any..", Miya started but stopped mid sentence. He looked into the crowd and noticed me standing in the front. Our eyes met for only a second. "thing", Miya finished. Without a second thought, Miya looked back to his opponent. I could clearly see Miya's facial expression from the side and it wasn't a happy one. He was.. angry..

"Alright! Listen up! To your marks and let the race begin!", an announcer spoke up.

They both were now ready to race. Both had the skateboard in one hand while payiently waiting for the light to be green.

In an instant, they shot foreward. Miya was fast.. I looked to the big screen and they were zoomed in on Miya for the moment, but.. I've never seen this look on his face. He was angry.. yet determend to win because of it. Miya dodged every piece of rock perfectly and got ahead pretty quickly. "Let's go to the finish line", Reki said. "Why did you take me here!", I suddenly snapped at Reki. He looked at me with a confused expression but it wasn't Reki that spoke up this time. "Don't get angry at Reki, we're gonna go to the finish line and you're gonna try to talk to Miya", Langa ordered. I bowed my head in shame for snapping at Reki and started walking. "I'm sorry Reki", I said as I walked passed him.