thirty four

Reysha carefully inched up in the bed until her back was against the headboard. She used the flashlight on her phone to locate the folded piece of paper she'd set on her nightstand. Glancing over at Chris to make sure she hadn't woken him, she unfolded the paper she'd read a dozen times. The words were etched on her heart, but she liked seeing them in print. Chris slept with Mac curled up in the crook of his arm and Wallace on his stomach. His very drool-worthy, sculpted stomach that she'd spent considerable time admiring up close.

The sound of his breathing and the kittens' dual purrs were the best soundtrack she'd ever heard.

She read over the words one more time, imprinting them on her brain before turning out the light and snuggling into Chris and the kitties. But she didn't sleep. She just lay there, smiling into the dark, thinking about his list. And how incredibly happy she was that she'd stepped outside her comfort zone so she could be sure that where she landed was exactly where she was meant to be.

Reasons It Will Only Ever Be You

The thought of you fills me with this inexplicable happiness.Your face is the first thing I want to see every day. What I want to fall asleep to every night.I've become addicted to making you laugh, just to hear the sound.I love the way you analyze a situation from every possible angle. Including ones I didn't know existed.You don't just make me want to be a better man, you make me feel like one.Nothing is impossible beside you.You're sexy, adorable, pretty, brave, and amazing. (That's technically more than one, but it's all sort of wrapped up in an incredible package.)Your heart. You give so much without asking anything in return. It makes me want to give you everything. Forever.You don't want to go out every night. (Don't tell Noah, but I'm actually happier in small groups, too. Like groups of two. You and me.)Your brain. It fascinates me the way you have a thousand thoughts to every one of mine. I could spend eternity listening to you.

I love you. I'm in love with you. I'll choose you every single day forever if you give me the chance. I won't give up or give in. It'll always only be you.