№ 3. Panties & A Bridge

My bed started to vibrate, and not in the good way. At first I didn't notice, but then my headboard started to hit the brick wall I was against. And then my pillow fell to the floor and it felt as though the hold world was being shaken. My cheek started to rub against my mattress from the banging but I was too dead to care. I knew the feeling, it was all too familiar. I knew it couldn't be Mom and Brett, they promised they would stop doing that. It was a mistake to put my bedroom right next to Mom's, but I was eight and that was when I was clingy.

I was still half asleep though when someone shouted out, "Earthquake!"

My eyes flew open and I yelped, rolling over too fast, limbs flailing, as I fell from my comfy bed on to the hard wood floor below. The vibrating stopped and all I heard were immense, shrill fits of laughter as I groaned, peeking out to my side where a pair of feet stood with cherry red manicured toe nails. Chelsea. It hasn't even been a day and I think I already want to kill my roommate. Was this how it was to live with a stranger, because I wasn't that excited anymore.

I rolled over onto my back, glaring up at Chelsea where she stood with a wide grin and lively eyes. She stifled another laugh, putting on a rather serious face but her lips began to quiver, giving her away.

"So, is this English version of a wake up call?"

Chelsea shook her head and held out her hands to me as I got up groggily, "No, just me. But you have to admit, it's a pretty exciting way to start your morning."

I snorted in response and blew the hair out of my eyes as I looked around. Right, I was in my bedroom, my new bedroom, my British bedroom - I liked the sound of that. Chelsea's was further down the hall but I hadn't bothered to see it yet. Mine held the same whitewashed brick walls as the rest of the apartment did, but I was planning on covering them with posters of my own. I had a small, queen size bed and a nightstand, but that was about it. I had left my luggage in a pile by the door, planning on unpacking it today. I would also be buying a desk soon once school started. But I turned to Chelsea after I had finished surveying the room.

"Well, I guess you're right. But how about I show you a proper morning and make you breakfast."

Chelsea's eyes lit up and she looked me up and down, "You can cook?"

I shrugged, wanting to be modest, "Just a little, are you hungry?"

"Starved. Well, come on then."

I followed as Chelsea led me out the door and I watched as she sauntered down the hall with her messy curls bouncing around her waist, in nothing but underwear and a long t-shirt that read "Liquir in the front. Poker in the rear." My brow furrowed in amusement, Chelsea was quite a character, as we arrived in the kitchen. It was one long counter that shaped in an L, and the extending part of it had bar stools sat on the other side. Cabinets hung overhead and there was an island in the middle. A fridge and stove were snugly situated next to the sink and Chelsea twirled in a circle, presenting it all to me.

" 'Ere you go. The kitchen."

I smiled, taking it all in as I swiped a hand along the counter towards the fridge, "It's really nice."

Chelsea nodded, hopping up on the far end of the counter as she crossed her legs. I approached the fridge, already thinking of breakfast ideas until I opened it to find - nothing. The fridge was empty, absolutely bare and I frowned, thinking this was maybe another one of Chelsea's jokes. There was a half empty carton of orange juice, and hunk of cheddar cheese in the far back of the shelf, but that was it. I looked up to Chelsea who looked perfectly innocent and placed my hands on my hips in an annoyed manner.

She smirked, "What? You said you could cook - I can't. Therefore, I never buy groceries mate."

"But, then what am I supposed to make breakfast with?"