№ 21. Define The Relationship

It's been three weeks. Three weeks since Saint Patrick's Day. Three weeks since George and I shared a kiss on the beach. Three weeks since I've forgotten just how bad it feels to be alone. We've seen each other nearly every day since.

Either talking on the phone to walks all over London, I couldn't get George's obnoxious smile out of my mind. I've learned so much about him. He's allergic to muchrooms but loves to eat them on his pizza. He's been writing the same song for the past two years but thinks he'll never finish. George wishes he could go to America, and I promised him that we would.

He told me the other day that I was beautiful. My heart stopped. George kisses me, and for once, I don't think of he who shall not be named. In fact, he hadn't even occured to me for almost a month, and I shared the news on my healing mental state with Emma. She said she'd send me a bouquet of flowers but I still haven't received them.

"Cassidy. You're pouring chocolate syrup on your hand."

"What?"

The warm sensation of sticky, brown syrup and Nick's agitated voice brought me back quickly. I jumped, startled by the obscene amount of chocolate covering my fingers.

"Jesus, " I swore at myself and grabbed paper towels, wiping off the syrup as I placed down the bottle. Capping the frozen frappucino, I handed it hastily to a waiting patron and then turned as no other customer was in site.

"You're seeing a guy."

Nick was on the other side of the counter, filling a napkin holder as he made the statement.

"No," I lied miserably.

"It wasn't a question," He retorted.

Nick came back around and settled beside me as he took out a fresh stack of paper coffee cups.

"Who is he?"

"None of your business," I said bluntly.

"Odd name, is that something German?"

"Nick!"

He chuckled, "Look, all I'm saying is that you're obvious. And it's funny."

"Thank you, laugh at my state of despair," I crossed my arms.

"Why would you call it despair?"

"Because I really like him."

Nick took off his apron and balled it in his hands, all the while shooting me a confused expression.

"Problem is?"

"Not gonna last."

Nick frowned, "So, you already know this, yet you're dating anyways?"

"You're starting to sound like my gay best friend," I groaned as I walked to the cafe door to bring in the specials' sign from outside.

"Don't worry, I love vagina!" he shouted to me.

Pulling in the sign, we both stopped as Josie glided by, pausing to shoot Nick an icy glare.

"Don't defile women Nicholas. Our bodies are precious."

Her eerie voice hung as she departed clamly with swishing black hair, and we both stood, watching blankly after her.

"Well I just shat my pants."

"When did she even get here?"

We exchanged bewildered glances, watching as she floated away, then got back to cleaning. But all the while Nick continued to pester me.

"Look fact is, when my spring semester ends, I'll be gone. "

"So you'll basically break up with the dude and fly back to America? "