~Chapter 8~

"How do you not know what the Eye Of Onyx is?" Dune said.

"Because I don't study jewelry," Tundra said. "Am I supposed to know what that is?"

"The Eye Of Onyx is an amulet that only Queens can wear," Sandstorm started to explain. "Or dragons meant to be queen. If a dragon even holds it that is not a queen or not chosen by the Eye Of Onyx will turn to ash as soon as they make any contact with it," Sandstorm continued. "I've only heard of SandWings ever coming in contact with it. I was under the assumption that only SandWings had the ability to be chosen by it."

"So what are you saying?" Tundra asked, a little freaked out. "Am I royalty or something?"

"Actually no, you don't have to be royalty to be chosen by it," Sandstorm said. "That's what happened with Queen Venom. After one of the last queen's daughters grabbed it, they turned to ash instantly, and Venom picked it up. The Eye chose her and she became queen, but she wasnt royalty, she wasn't even known at all," Sandstorm said, looking like she was hiding something.

"So why am I able to wear it?" Tundra asked. "I'm not even a SandWing."

"Either you're a queen or the Eye has chosen you to be Queen of the IceWings." Sandstorm said.

"But there's already a Queen," Tundra said. "Unless Scorpion was able to kill her, which is quite possible," Tundra said. "Does this mean I'm Queen of the IceWings now?" Tundra asked, shaking.

"If Queen Nebula is dead then yes," Sandstorm said.

"Oh wonderful, so not only am I animus, but I'm apparently a Queen now," Tundra said, wanting to scream for 3 days straight.

Dune and Rattlesnake just sat there surprised.

"But what if Nebula is still alive?" Tundra asked.

"Then I honestly don't know," Sandstorm admitted.

"Don't think I'm gonna bow down and kiss your talons," Dune said snorting.

Tundra kicked sand in Dunes' face.

"That's disgusting, I wouldn't even want you to do that." Tundra said growling.

What has my life become? Tundra thought.

"I for one think you would be a great queen," Rattlesnake said.

"You hardly even know me," Tundra said.

"I- well- from what I've seen- just nevermind.." he said looking away.

Awkward, Tundra thought.

"Either way I will respect you," Sandstorm said, lowering her head, as Rattlesnake did the same.

"Ok ok, stop it," Tundra said, "You don't need to bow to me, you know I don't care."

They all picked their heads up, and Dune just stood there scowling.

"Don't ever expect me to bow to you," Dune said.

"Dune she is royalty now," Rattlesnake said, chiming in.

"Yea maybe, but-" Tundra started to say, getting cut off.

"I don't care," Dune said. She laid down, turning away and stabbed her venomous tail into the ground.

"Are you jealous or something?" Tundra said.

All the sudden Dune stood up, flared her wings and faced Tundra.

"I'M NOT TELLING YOU ANYTHING! IT'S NOT JEALOUSY, LEAVE ME ALONE!" Dune screamed.

"Whoa, calm down Dune.." Sandstorm said, stepping forward.

Tundra opened her wings ready to protect herself if Dune attacked her.