Brown eyes through a mirror, and a sketch

"Turn around. Look at what you see~." Lee looks up from where he had his head on the table and narrows his eyes.

"Damien. Zip. it" he grits through clenched teeth. 

We were sitting in the private waiting lounge in the airport, waiting for a flight attendant who worked for Val's family's private jet to come board us on.  It was about 6 AM, and we were all in a grumpy mood this early in the day. Well, everyone but Damien who was now cheerily singing a fourth song since arriving at the airport. His phone was currently blasting 'Never-ending story'.

He ignores Lee and continues. "In her face, the mirror of your dreams~". Damien gets up and grabs Val's hairbrush which was lying on the table. "Make believe I'm everywhere, hidden in the lines."

"Someone kill me please" Lee mutters into his hands. We all look up as Damien dances around singing into the hairbrush. My lips can't help but twitch into a smile as I watch him. And from the looks of everyone but Lee, they can't help but smile too. Damien's cheerfulness always manages to rub off on us.

Damien spots me breaking into a smile and he skips over and grabs my hand, pulling me up with him. "Cmon Lils, sing with me! Hidden in the pages is...."

I laugh and we both sing the line into the makeshift microphone ." The answer to our never ending story!"

I rush over to where Keisha is sitting and yank her up despite her faint protest. "c'mon, I dare you!." She rolls her eyes but sings with us.

"Reach the stars. Fly a fantasy~." Keisha reaches over and grabs Ethan, who gets up willingly and joins us.

"Dream a Dream, and what you see will be~" We're all singing in unison now, and I hold out my hands to Diego, inviting him to join us. He takes them, and I pull him up. "Lives that keep their secrets, will unfold behind the clouds."

Val gets up on her own, grabs her hairbrush back, and begins singing with us all. "And there upon the rainbows is..."

We all almost scream the line. "The answer to our never ending story!"

Lee sits there with his chin resting on his crossed arms blankly staring at all of us as we jump around singing loudly. I momentarily pause and signal him to get up. "C'mon Lee! Get up and sing with us!"

"I don't know the lyrics." Damien scoffs.

"Sure you do! I distinctly remember forcing you to watch 'Stranger Things'." Lee shrugs.

"I fell asleep after the first episode."

Damien sighs in exasperation and continues singing again. We're all jumping around, taking turns in stealing Val's hairbrush from each other, when I notice a very confused and somewhat alarmed looking Caleb standing by the glass door entry.

I skip over to where he's standing . "Hey Sunshine. You here for concert?"

"Sorry no, tickets were sold out." Damien hears this and laughs.

"Yeah, well, Damien's bitches are a very popular band." Keisha smacks the back of his head. Caleb shakes his head in amusement and holds up the carton cup holder in his hands.

"I got you guy's Starbucks coffee orders." Val runs over to us.

"Thank you Ángel." She pecks his cheek before taking a cup. Caleb passes around everyone's coffees before taking the last cup in the carton and smirking at me.

"I know how much you consider Coffee the love of your life, so I ordered you a strong cold brew."

He nearly splits his sides laughing at what must have been a horrified expression on my face. "I'm kidding, Carrots. I ordered you a grande Vanilla iced chai latte with no coffee instead."