3

I don't know how long it's been.

Days, Weeks, Months maybe.

I sit up from a comfy bed. I look over to my side, finding a bunch of plushies and pink pastels plastered on the wall. I get up, rubbing my eyes before realizing i had bandages on my forehead and chest, along with a small cast on my leg (not that i can't walk or anything, it just annoys me really). I look out a window, seeing a night sky with some sort of "cutesy" theme to it, if that really makes sense. I look around the room, sniffling as i look past all of the cute and pinkified items before spotting two doors. I go to the first one, going into the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror. nothing... off  for once. a sense of calmness fills me.

I walk around, noticing there's some food set on the kitchen counter. I look and check to see if there's anyone around before eating. i don't even notice my appetite before i start eating. after finishing, I washed the dishes i ate from and found the cabinet they were in and put them there. I walk around a bit more before noticing a black figure looking at me from the doorway. it... looks like an alternate. i back up a bit as it reaches its hand out to me. i flinch, pulling up my hands as the hand gets closer and closer... i close my eyes, waiting to be attacked being so vulnerable, but instead i feel something patting my head. i open my eyes slowly to see the figure patting my head. it seems happy.

i guess this thing isn't so bad after all.

~~~

I ran as fast as i could.

Why did Adam just... throw himself to the things chasing us!? i thought to myself, my mind racing for ideas. But i didn't have any. i look back, looking at his limp and badly injured body. theres... there's no way he would survive such an attack, especially with that blow to the head. i snap back into reality, running faster than i thought i could ever run before... before slamming into a wall.

I hear the hum buzz of the lights... oh no no no no... please... i don't wan't to be almost killed by that tentacle monster aga-

"...the end? what.... What- the hell?" i said to myself, walking up to a computer. i boot it up, with it looking like a windows 95 computer. i look around, checking if there was anyone around before taking out my phone.

thank god i had unlimited data.

I think to myself who i should text, considering my battery was pretty low... should i text Adam? no... no. come on Jonah, snap out of it... hes dead. hes... gone now. hes...

I touch my face, feeling the salty tears roll down my cheeks. no. i have to move on. i don't want to be vulnerable again like in that car with that weird GPS... But i find myself texting Adam. looking at our messages. scrolling through, reading through each and every one.

"i... i love you so much." i whisper to myself, holding back my tears as i click the send button.

i know hes not going to read it since hes... well... dead, but...

a little part of me wants to believe hes not.