10

I AM SO SO SORRY FOR NOT BEING ONLINE FOR MORE THAN A MONTH! I went on hiatus because my mental health was deteriorating- hope yall understand, haha...

anyways, ONTO THE STORY!

I wake up in a field of flowers. I panicked, wondering where Jonah had gone, and I reached for my ax. I realize it's not on my person, so i put my hands into fists and look around. There's silence. Complete, utter silence. I shiver, trying to grab my almond water, but it's not in my bag. I then frantically opened my bag, where my ghost hunting tools were. "Am I back in reality?" I mutter to myself, looking around. The sun is rising as the fireflies are fading, the flowers waved in the wind in which to say "welcome back!" to me.

This felt bittersweet to me.

I look around again, trying to look for Jonah. He's not here. I sigh, forcing the tears not to fall as i get in the van. Sure, I'm safe now, but I don't know where Jonah was. I didn't know if he was safe. If he was... No. I can't believe he's dead. He's tougher than I thought. Jonah can be tough when he wants to, but his fear can overtake him.. He can survive there... right?

I hear myself whimpering and i snap back to reality (if this really is reality..) to myself crying. i wipe the tears to get absolutely spooked by Sarah sitting beside me where Jonah was. "Are you okay, Adam?" She said, obviously worried. "Where's Jonah?"

I couldn't take it.

The love of my life, the one who i had been close to ever since college... ripped away from me.

Texting won't do any good.

i...

i feel so numb.

I look up to find myself in the back of the van, sobbing on Sarah's shoulder. She's trying to calm me down as I shiver and whimper. After I got it out of my system, we sat there (a bit awkwardly) before Sarah chimed in, saying "Do you want to tell me?" 

I hesitate. I want to tell her the story, yes, but it will just sound like a story I pulled outta my ass and she might not believe me. besides, I'm sure I saw her lost brother and his friend while Jonah and I were traveling. The next moment, I'm telling her the whole story, holding my wounds from the travels (which were the only things that were left from it). She stared at me for a moment before she hugged me.

"I believe you, but..."

"Do you know where you last saw Jonah there?"