9

I gasp and wake up, expecting to be in the comforting walls of Kitty's house and Adam sleeping next to me, his soft snoring lulling me back to sleep.

Oh, How wrong I was.

I stand up, Coughing up smoke filling my lungs as my eyes water. Instead of the sound of the soft humming of the fireflies outside the window, i hear muffled moans of pain. Instead of getting up from a soft bed, I stand up on unusually long blades of grass mixed with dead leaves that echo in my head with a loud crunch.

Where am I?

I look around, only finding the blood red sky and the black horizon with tiny white stars staying by me, not seeming to move at all.

That's when I spot the tree.

It looks to be like a regular huge oak tree, except that the leaves are black and the tree is abnormally huge. I try to walk over to the tree, but a stench so bad hits my nose and I instinctively cover it. I gag.

It smelled like rotting corpses.

I plug up my nose, breathing through my mouth as i walk closer and closer towards the tree. The pain-filled moaning turns into a voice that said "Don't eat-" before it got cut off by a shriek, and utter silence. I get a shiver down my spine. I walk closer to the tree until i can touch it, the stench getting so bad i cover my mouth and hold my breath. I walk over, picking a fruit. My mind goes back to the scream.

"Don't eat...?" I mutter, gulping in another breath as i let mine out as i spoke to myself.

I examine the fruit. It looks like a mix of an apple and pear, a nice apple red but more of the shape of a pear. I then realize my appetite, so I take a bite of the apple.

I cough up blood, and grab my stomach as i keep coughing up blood and throwing up. Whatever that fruit was, it wasn't as fresh as it looked.

I pass out.