fourteen

"Dark as hell," I heard Colby say from behind me.

"Then ask Samual to turn on the giant light he has with him, genius," I said turning my body while starting to walk backward. 

"Oh yeah, sorry about that." Sam apologized, and he quickly turned on the light, making me feel slightly better. Not as much though, I still couldn't really see due to the fact I was still facing Colby. 

The other girls are in the house, wait actually probably in the car if I'm being honest. It's only Lexie, Colby, Sam, and myself. 

I turned back to look at what was in front of me, not expecting to see large blood splatter, it looked fresh. I gasped making them ask me what was wrong.

"Do you see that?" I asked pointing at the splatter with a shakey hand. 

"No? Are you okay, you're shaking." Lexie took my hand in hers after Colby said that. 

"Yeah, can we just keep walking please?" They nodded and we continued into the dark weird smelling forest. It kind of smelt like sewer drainage, ew. 

"Did one of you shit your pants or what?" Lexie questioned before putting her shirt above her nose. 

"I think it was Brooklyn. I mean she was the one shaking." Colby shrugged, I shook my head and rolled my eyes. 

The farther into the forest the worse the smell got.

"Ew! It actually smells like a rotting corpse!" Lexie complained.

I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at the ground. 

I saw myself. Dead, just laying there.

What in the actual world, how is this possible? I'm standing right here but laying down there? Odd, wait more than odd. Creepy as shit! I was frozen and I think they noticed that I was standing there for quite a while staring at the ground. Why me though? Why couldn't it be Colby, or like the people that own the damn place?

Wait, as I stood there it made more sense. If you think about it, in my 'dream' I got shot, I was supposed to be dead. Maybe this is where I got shot? I think I'm getting smarter. Yay? I asked myself questionably.

"I'm getting a little sick of asking this but Brooklyn are you okay?"  Colby questioned while putting his hand on my shoulder.

"No, I'm really not."

"Yeah, me neither. The smell is really fucking strong right here." Lexie told. 

"That's cause I'm laying here dead," I informed them. They looked at me so confused. I stood over my body and got cold chills everywhere.

"Here, one of you stand next to me," I waved them over. Sam walked up to me and stood beside me. I could feel his body tense up. 

"What the fuck?" He whisper-yelled to me.

"I told you, my actual body is like laying dead right here," I told them again. 

"You're lying, how does that even work?" Lexie asked, how am I even supposed to answer that question if I don't know the answer myself. I just shrugged.

"Maybe we should go back to the house," said Colby.

"Please don't leave me," I heard a little voice say. I turned around to face the dark woods. I took the camera from Sam's hands,  I looked through the woods with help from the big light. I didn't see anything.

"Okay, I'm gonna walk away so I don't have to be the one to ask you know what." I heard shuffling as I shook my head, he didn't even ask me that many times, maybe like twice. I turned back around and told them we could leave. They both nodded and we walked away from the backyard.

"Actually, we need to go deeper in there. I mean we didn't get to see the creek," suggested Sam. I nodded and walked faster to the house. 

"She's kind of-" I heard before I opened the door. I saw Colby turn to an 'oh shit' look. I looked at him with a confused expression on my face.

"What?" I asked. He shook his head and I just nodded and sat down next to him. 

"So... Was it scary?" Kat questioned.

"Not really but Brooklyn saw her own dead body," They looked at me like they had seen a penguin flying.

"Say what now?" Amanda quizzed. 

"I don't even know. I was just laying there lifeless, and it reeked. There were flies all around me, I was pale with bloody leaves under me." I explained as Lexie and Sam walked into the house. 

"Yall look like you saw a ghost," Lexie said looking around the room in search of the ability to see something.

"Brooklyn sure did," said Stas.

"Oh, is this about the dead body thing? I don't believe it, I think you're lying,"

"How am I lying? You smelt the shit, you cannot convince me it didn't smell like a rotting body. And plus, I know what I saw and I'd be weird as fuck to lie about it," I defended. Sam pointed to me and nodded as if he was agreeing with me. 

"Okay, that might be true, actually yeah it is that would be weird but still, how would it even work?" Lexie interrogated. 

"You're asking me like I know the answer," I scoffed and shrugged.

________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, so basically I figured out how I want to write the chapters. I want to make them medium length but make multiple chapters a week. So maybe like 800-900 words per chapter, idrk honestly. Maybe less maybe more. I'll try to update Mondays and Fridays starting next week :).

( I'm not very organized so I'm very sorry if I don't always post. )