Chapter 58

Her stomach was growling and she couldn't move.

Being that it had been only a couple of hours till the last time she'd had a meal, the fuss in her stomach was all due to the days she'd been napping in this very bed.

Madja had also highly recommended her not to overlook the needs of her body and take every little change -even mood swings- seriously, when she'd paid Nesta a visit this afternoon.

Nesta had been completely out when they'd first winnowed back to Velaris, quite shortly after their long flight over the human lands and where once her father's old cottage had been.

Moving across the border to Prythian meant the awakening of their magic and thus their lightning-fast return to home, House of the Wind.

Ever since, everything had happened so fast. Nesta hadn't been showing any sign of consciousness and the wound in her belly was far from closed.

Rhysand had fixed it the best he could before Feyre appearing with the Night Court's favored healer tucked in her arms.

Azriel had been next in line when the examinations and prescriptions had been gone over with Cassian for more than one time.

Nesta had lost blood, a lot of it, and needed rest.

The potion Madja had made her would help with the blood loss and Cassian were to feed her every two hours.

Regardless of his initial grunts, Azriel had lain back in his bed like a scolded child. Apart from a homemade lotion for the scars on his neck and the same potion in smaller doses for the blood loss, Madja had advised him to only rest.

Then had came Gwyn's turn, which after about a half-hour inspection had proved futile. No wrongness was found within the way her body worked.

Even the tiny cuts at her wrists had been already scabbing and their dull throb was gone.

All well, except for the ravaging hunger urging her to keep her mouth busy with whatever food her fingers could land on.

Madja had assumed it was due to the spell keeping her still in bed for days that no number of delicacies and dishes could keep her belly contented.

Gwyn rolled on her back. The clasped hands around her torso, surely made it an effort to silently slip out of bed.

One of the perks of being a fourth nymph, was definitely the double-jointed elbows and knees.

Not to mention the fact that Azriel was heavily dosed to sleep for the night.

Gwyn tip toed toward the shut door and struggled with the doorknob, cringing against the squeak.

A quick glance over the shoulder had her release her held breath.

Not even a small crease disturbed the perfectly smooth skin of Azriel's forehead. He kept sleeping like a well-fed babe.

Gwyn smiled at the returned serenity to his face as she stepped out into the hallway.

A dim light coming from the dinning room led her way.

She found Cassian busy with a bowl of ground beans and torn chicken breast. He was trying to grind a boiled egg with the edge of his drawn dagger into the mix, which he surely had some experience in by the way how half of it was neatly done before she reached the table.

"What are you doing?" A lazy yawn.

Cassian didn't look up. Ire, highlighting the deep frown between his brows. "Remaking the potion Madja had prescribed. Nesta threw it all up."

"She woke up?"

"Only for a minute." He slid a glance at her. "how is Az?"

"Fine. He'll be better come the first light of dawn." Gwyn assured.