Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Janelle busted through the door of Florencia and Catherine's room filled with excitement.

"Everyone's going downstairs to take a look at Prince William," Janelle said.

"Oh, I've already seen him. I think I'm just gonna take a shower," Catherine said as she grabbed her toiletries.

"Was it thrilling? Did you faint?" Janelle asked Catherine.

"Um, I managed to stay on my feet," Catherine answered.

"I heard there's girls who came here just to meet and marry him," Janelle said.

"How optimistic," Florencia said.

"Or how pathetic," Catherine added.

"And unrealistic," Florencia continued.

"There's a very specific kind of girl the prince is going to marry," Janelle said.

"Very few girls meet all of the qualifications," Florencia said.

"Which are?" Janelle asked Florencia.

"Money, intelligence, and beauty are a given," Florencia answered.

"But you'll also have to have the appropriate pedigree," Janelle pointed out. "And so does Catherine," She added.

"Well, I just want to take a look at him, not take vows with him," Catherine said.

"It's just the truth," Janelle said.

"Royals only marry royals," Catherine said.

Florencia shook her head at Catherine's words.

"I've known Prince William--Wills-- since we were little. I've attended his birthday parties for years. He's just a guy," Florencia said.

"Right. He's just a guy who happens to be handsome, sexy, rich, and the future King of England," Janelle said.

Catherine looked at Florencia, mouthing words like an opportunist, desperate, and go away.

Florencia laughed.

"So, Florencia, I've read about your history with the royal family. Is William the reason why you came to study here instead of some prestigious university in Spain?" Janelle asked Florencia.

Florencia rolled her eyes.

"As if. I came here to get away from life in Spain and William just so happened to choose the same school," Florencia answered, a bit rudely.

Janelle raised her hands in surrender.

"Alright, you don't need to bite my head off to get your point across, Florencia," Janelle said.

Florencia rolled her eyes.

"Not sorry, I don't like when people assume things about me," Florencia said.

"Janelle, I think you're missing a chance to see the prince downstairs," Catherine said, trying to get Janelle to leave their room.

Janelle nods and lightly jogs out of the room, closing the door behind her.

"I thought she would never leave. I'm sorry about that, Flo," Catherine said.

Florencia waved her off.

"It's okay. I should be used to it but it still hurts when people assume things about me. Ugh... I came to get away from the false narrative about me and now it's being pushed here too," Florencia said.

Catherine walked over to Florencia's bed and takes a seat on it and placed a hand on Florencia's shoulder.

"I would give advice but I've never been in your shoes so I don't think my words will give you any comfort but do know that I'm on your team, Flo, and I'll shield you as much as I can from this false narrative of you," Catherine said.

Florencia smiled.

"Catherine, I think you're my best friend now," Florencia said.

"I gladly accept that position," Catherine said.