Chapter 4: The Outside World

It had been a rather normal day of school for the St. Freya trio.

Kiana as usual was either goofing around or dozing off out of boredom, Mei was trying her best to pay attention to the lesson while also trying to keep Kiana awake and at attention, and Bronya more or less just kept to herself, paying full attention to the class.

This pattern kept on for a bit as right before Kiana was just about to fully fall asleep, the school's P.A. system buzzed to life immediately startling the girl.

"U-Um, could Kiana Kaslana, Mei Raiden, a-and Bronya Zaychik please report immediately to the principal's office? T-Thank you." Said Theresa's voice over the intercom.

The trio all excused themselves as they left the classroom and made their way over to her office.

As they walked through the halls, naturally they questioned the sudden announcement.

"Wonder why Aunt Teri suddenly wants to see us? Oh! Maybe she's assigned us to a kick ass mission now that we're all A-Rank Valkyries!" Excitedly said Kiana.

"The Bronya recommends that Kiana Idiotka lower her expectations. We all just recently got promoted to A-Rank so the chances of us receiving a mission so soon are low." Stated Bronya.

"Bronya is right Kiana. Principal Theresa wouldn't wanna rush us too soon. Besides, did you not hear her tone of voice? It was shaky and she stuttered a bit. Maybe something serious has happened." Said Mei.

"Hmm. Well whatever it is, I can't wait to find out! Let's go!" Said Kiana as she immediately ran on ahead.

"W-Wait Kiana please don't run!" Said Mei as she chased after her.

Bronya could merely sigh as she also followed suit.

Eventually the three had made it to Theresa's office as before Mei could knock, Kiana instead just nonchalantly entered the room.

"Alright Aunt Teri what's our mission!? I'm ready to go!" Said Kiana, though once she saw at Theresa, Himeko, and Fu Hua all there, she immediately retracted her statement.

"Well, manners certainly weren't ever your thing." Said Himeko. "Anyways, you three, take a seat."

The girls proceeded to do so as everyone's attention was turned towards Theresa.

"W-Well, you see girls, u-um..................."

Clearly whatever Theresa was trying to say, she was really struggling to get the words out.

This continued on for a bit until Theresa just groaned in defeat.

"Please, you tell them Himeko." Said the principal with tears in her eyes.

The redhead merely sighed as she cleared her throat.

"Girls, Alex is currently in a critical, comatose condition at St. Freya hospital." She said.

It took a moment for the three to give a response, but once they did, all they could say was just one word.

"WHAT!?"

Hours later once school had ended, the sounds of frantic footsteps rushed through the halls as the trio had made it and quickly entered the room the boy was at.

When they were in, there they saw the boy, unconscious and hooked up to the usual hospital monitors, as he was currently under the covers.

What was noticeable was that he had a bruised left cheek, and bandages over his forehead which had dried up blood on it.