Chapter 6: Hope

As Yae looked up after being licked on the cheek, she noticed a dark colored dog with red eyes.

"I've never seen this dog before. Where'd it come from?" Asked Yae, before immediately shrugging it off and standing. "Oh why do I care anymore? The dog will end up dying once the cycle repeats. There's no hope anymore."

Yae attempted to walk away and leave the dog be, however the animal just followed her and kept barking.

Eventually Yae finally gave in as she turned around and picked up the small animal as she smiled.

"Poor thing. You look hungry. I'll get some porridge for you." Said Yae as she carried the dog with her to the kitchen as she set it down, grabbing a bowl.

As she was about to put the porridge in it, she heard the dog wolf again, as she turned around and saw it sat next to a large bowl of bitter herbs.

"Why're you next to that bowl? Yes I know Rin spilled the soup. What're you trying to say?" She asked.

The dog simply barked again and encircled around the soup, as Yae smiled, now understanding the message.

"Right. I shouldn't give up hope. Okay, I'll make Rin another soup."

Once that was all done, Yae had finally gone back to where Rin was, new soup in hand as she placed the bowl next to Rin and kneeled down beside her.

"P-Please don't be mad Sakura. It was my fault. I'll finish the soup you made for me." Said Rin.

Before Rin could even attempt to grab it, Yae interjected.

"No, Rin. You're probably right. Maybe, you won't get any better. You don't have to drink the soup if you don't want too." Said Yae.

Before Rin could respond, she heard a woof as out from behind Yae appeared the dog.

"Oh my god it's so cute! Big sis who is this!?" Excitedly said Rin who immediately picked up and cuddled the dog much to Yae's surprise.

"O-Oh. Um, I didn't expect that it'd follow me here." Said Yae.

All the while, Rin just keep feeding the little dog with lots of affection.

"Does it have a name?" Asked Rin.

"I, honestly don't know." Said Yae.

"Hmm. Then we'll call him Wolf! I think that name really fits him!" Said Rin.

All the fun in the room immediately stopped as the door slid open to reveal the Priest who looked at Rin and the dog as he simply scoffed at them.

"Playing with dogs now huh? Oh well, might as well let her have fun with the few hours she has left." Said the priest.

"M-Milord please stop!" Shouted Yae, whom the Priest looked and simply smirked at.

"Just a little heads up Sakura. The ritual starts soon. Make yourself ready, also, I hope you didn't forget about the offering. Since you asked me last time, this go around I elected not too tell her as you said. I just hope if that's really what you want." Said the Priest.

"Hm? Why's the milord talking about the offering?" Asked Rin who indeed was out of the loop.

"P-Please just stop! I cannot handle this anymore!" Shouted Yae.

Suddenly, Wolf leaped from Rin's grasp and onto the ground and it began barking and growling angrily at the priest who simply gave the dog zero attention as he turned around and waved the girls goodbye.

"Looks like your little companion doesn't like me. I'll see myself out now. Just remember, the ritual is tonight." He said as he walked away.

Yae didn't know what to do or say anymore while Rin went back to playing with Wolf.