Chapter 5: Endless

"H-Honkai Spike within his body!? How's that happening!?" Asked Mei, who now began to notice the red, vine like markings of a Honkai Infection beginning to spread over Alex's body.

"It must be something with the Stigmata Dataspace that's causing Subject Alex to have this Honkai Spike." Said Bronya.

"W-Well how do we stop it!?" She asked.

It took Bronya a moment before she began digging around in a container she had brought until she eventually found what she was looking for

"U-Um, what exactly is that Bronya?" Asked Mei.

"It's a Homu-Homu Virtual Reality Comm Link. Wearing it will allow Mei to link up with the Stigmata's Dataspace. Once inside the dataspace, Mei will be able to find out what exactly is going on that's causing the Honkai Spike within Subject Alex's body." Said Bronya.

Mei grabbed the large head device and examined it for a bit, still unsure about it before eventually coming to terms with it as it'd be the only way to solve the situation.

"Alright. I'll do it." Said Mei as she placed it on her head as Bronya began to type stuff into the screen.

"The Bronya will keep in contact with Mei via this terminal. The goal is to locate Subject Alex's consciousness within the dataspace." Said Bronya as Mei nodded, closing her eyes as the machine activated, as the words "All Systems Go.", appeared before her.

Eventually, Mei's eyes opened as she surveyed her surroundings as she was in a burning and destroyed village.

She also noticed that she was no longer in her school uniform and was now in a white and dark blue shrine maiden outfit.

"This, is the dataspace? Everything here's in ruin. Is the dataspace really storing all of this?" Asked Mei.

In front of Mei, a hologram popped up showing Bronya who was indeed connected to Mei via the terminal.

"Mei, there's no trace of Subject Alex in the current dataspace sector! The Bronya's gonna send Mei the waypoints to the next sector. Please head there immediately." Said Bronya.

Before Mei could agree, she turned around and saw on the ground a white haired girl in a dark outfit resembling that of a nun.

"K-Kiana? No wait, this lady looks a lot like her, but this isn't Kiana." Said Mei as she approached the white haired lady.

As she helped her up, the girl woke up and a small golden cross pendant over to Mei.

"I-I may not know your name, but please, grant me a wish." Said the white haired girl.

"W-Wait hold on! Are you okay? What happened to this place?" Asked Mei who obviously wanted answers to what was happening.

"I-I'm done for. If, you find a priestess with cherry colored hair, then please give the pendant to her. That's, all I ask of you."