Chapter 10: End of the Samsara

The attack was launched, as a large fireball was shot out from Alex's sword and straight towards the tightly bound Herrscher of Corruption.

There was nothing the Herrscher could do, as it took the attack.

It connected as an explosion occurred.

Smoke then filled the room before eventually clearing out, as Alex saw Jizo Mitama now just standing there motionless, before the purple glow it had in its eyes slowly faded away, as the Herrscher collapsed down, onto the ground finally defeated.

Alex breathed a sigh of relief, the golden glow from his eyes going away, signaling that he was done using Kallen's power.

Suddenly, Alex saw a ominous purple haze began evelop the room as he just remembered where exactly he was again.

"C-Crap right this is the Herrscher's domain! With it gone this place is gonna go away! I gotta get outta here!" He shouted.

The boy frantically looked around for an exit but there was none.

Thankfully he didn't have to worry for long as the pendant glowed again.

"Quick! Through there!" Said Kallen's voice within Alex's mind.

The boy looked behind him and saw a white colored rift, and knowing that he didn't have much time, immediately went through it without a second thought.

Once he was fully through, he was on a hill which had a single Sakura Tree under a night sky.

"Thank goodness. You should be safe here."

Alex heard Kallen's voice again, this time not in his mind, but rather just in front of him.

He looked ahead and sure enough, there she was with a smile on her face.

"It's finally over. This 500 year long, endless cycle of hatred and torment for Yae, is done. Thank you so much, Alex Mustang." Said Kallen.

"Y-Yeah no problem. Uh, where am I by the way?" He asked.

"Don't worry. With the Herrscher defeated, the current world is being reset back to how it originally was. Before that Herrscher ever corrupted Yae." Said Kallen.

"I see. So then, what's all this about?" Asked Alex.

"This is, what I'd like to call an intermission. It's the wait period whenever the new world is being formed." She said.

"Okay then. Hey wait, where's Yae? Mei?"

"Mei's currently resting at the bottom of the hill. Only us three are here since we aren't naturally a part of this simulated world. You and Mei come from the outside/real world. As for me, I'm a wandering soul. A spirit, however now that my goal is defeating the Herrscher has been accomplished, I'll finally be able to return to my physical form and be alongside my beloved Yae again." Said Kellen with a small blush.

'I guess being gay is a Kaslana thing." Thought Alex to himself after taking notice of how Kallen referred to Yae and recounting the many, many times Kiana would just casually state out her undying love for Mei.

"Hey so, when the world resets, are any of y'all gonna remember all of this?" Asked Alex.

"Yae remember every single event of every reset during the Herrscher's control, so the chances are very likely. I'm sure you know where exactly to find us once the world resets." She said.

Alex chuckled, knowing exactly what Kallen was referring to during the last part of her sentence.

"Yeah okay got it. I'll see y'all there." He said.