Chapter 9: Promise Upheld

The two stared each other down, not uttering a word to one another before Alex finally broke the silence.

"What? Shocked to see that a half pint like me has come this close completely breaking your plans apart? Yeah I know. I'm just that good." Said the boy in a joking tone.

The Herrscher kept quiet, not saying a single world until it finally spoke.

"To think, it'd come this far. That I'd have to use this form, all because you and that annoying Kaslana girl just never knew how to give up." Said the Herrscher. "I'm in control of this domain. I'm in charge here."

"If you really were in charge, things would've never gotten this far." Said Alex.

"Enough!" Shouted the Herrscher as the room shook. "In this form, I go by the name, Jizo Mitama. That'll be the last name you'll ever hear boy. You dared grab the bull by its horns. Well now, you're getting the horns."

The being then drew out two large, purple colored swords as Alex placed a hand on the handle of his sword.

"Why would you go through all of this? To torment Yae and keep her in this endless cycle of hate?" Asked Alex.

"My only motive is to break free into the real world. I'm not the one who gave Sakura all this hatred. It was the village. Her father. Her inability to save Rin. All those things fueled her hate. I simply used her hate and played it in an endless loop, hoping that one day she'd give in and accept me. Now, that annoying white haired slut and you have finally taken me past my limit. I'll find Yae, and once she's given in, I'll proceed to use your body as a vessel and destroy the outside world." Said the Herrscher.

Alex simpled chuckled at the Herrscher's remarks as he drew his sword out.

"Apologies, but I have two promises that I have to uphold, and I'll give it my all, to break Yae free from the cycle of hatred you've condemned her to." He said.

In an instant Alex immediately held his sword above him in a defensive position as the Herrscher dashed at him and used one of its large swords to slash down at him.

Their weapons clash and with the Herrscher's obvious size and strength advantage, Alex was barely able to hold himself up.

That was until Jizo Mitama used its over sword, as it swung low, knocking Alex off his feet.

It then raised the first sword and used it to swing at the boy from the side, successfully landing the hit as Alex was sent flying across the room and slammed into the wall.

The boy then fell into the wall holding the side of his abdomen in pain as he staggered to his feet.

"S-Shit that hurt." He said.

Jizo Mitama immediately dashed at the boy again, giving Alex little time to take a breather as he quickly dodged out of the way from the impending sword slash.

Normally if it were one sword it'd be no issue, but with two of them, Alex had to be quicker on his feet and more aware of his surroundings so he wouldn't get pinned.

Naturally, this took a ton of energy out of Alex as he could barely dodge the attacks now.

It was clear that Jizo Mitama had no intention in actually fighting Alex, and was aiming to completely tire him out so it could easily take him down in one slash.

After a bit, Alex eventually stumbled and fell due to too much exhaustion as he used his sword to at least keep himself on his knees.

A shadow enveloped the boy as he turned around to see Jizo Mitama holding both swords above him.

"It was an admirable effort, boy." Said the Herrscher.

Jizo Mitama swung down both swords at Alex, as the boy closed his eyes and held up his sword defensively against in a last ditch effort, hoping for the best.

The sound of a sword clanging against something was heard, but Alex didn't feel any weight from above press down on him.

He opened his eyes to see that a golden colored force field had enveloped around him, completely protecting him from the attack.

"W-What!? No she's STILL here!? Ugh! Why must you ALWAYS be a thorn in my side you silve haired bitch!?" Shouted the Herrscher as it continously used both swords to pound away at the shield, with the shield tanking every hit.

Alex looked on in amazement as he looked down to see the golden cross pendant that he had taken from Yae and put on himself began to glow as a small smile appeared on his face.

"T-Thank you, Kallen." Said the boy.

The force field began to glow, as Kallen's voice was emitted from it.

"I made a promise myself to save Sakura as well, so prepare yourself Herrscher, because Alex Mustang will take you down!" Said Kallen's voice which only infuriated the Herrscher even more.

Then, Kallen's voice came across from within Alex's head as the boy closed his eyes to focus on listening.

"Here. I'll allow you to use a little bit of my powers. Use them to take down the Herrscher and free Yae Sakura!" She said.

With that, the voice went away as now the pendant began to glow.

Alex opened his eyes which were now glowing in a bright, yellow color as chains emerged from the ground behind him, going through the shield and knocking Jizo Mitama back by smacking into the Herrscher as the shield went away.

'I see. So that's what she gave me. Alright then, it's go time.' Thought the boy.

"I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU TWO! I'M THROUGH PLAYING GAMES!" Yelled Jizo Mitama as it charged at the boy again.

Alex held an arm out, pointing his sword at the Herrscher, as more chaind emerged from the ground as it encircled around and caught Jizo Mitama in an extremely tight bind.

The boy then swung his sword to the left, the chains sending the Herrscher in that direction slamming it into the wall, as Alex swung to the right sending the Herrscher into the wall in that direction as well.

He then held his sword above his head, swinging it down as the chains lifted the Herrscher up and slammed it into the ground.

Alex then held out an opened palm, closing it tightly into a fist as the chains tightened even more on Jizo Mitama, keeping him upright and still right in the center of the room.

"D-Damn you Kaslana! Damn you brat! This is not over!" Shouted the Herrscher.

Alex then held his sword up high above his head, charging it up.

"Jizo Mitama. Herrscher of Corruption. For 500 years you have constantly given one unwilling girl constant torment, and robbed her the chance of finally moving on and getting over her past. Now, it's time for you to pay for your transgressions." Said the boy, as he slowly aimed the sword in front of him, nearly at full charge.

Eventually, it reached max charge as Alex smirked.

"Checkmate."

Chapter 9: Completed