Build up the church

1 Corinthians 14:1-5
Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy.
For one who speaks in tongue speaks no to men but to God for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the spirit.
On the other hand, the one who prophesies speaks to people for the upbuilding and encouragment and consolation.
The one who speaks in a tongue builds up himself, but the one who prophesies builds up the church.
Now i want you all to speak in tongues, but even more to prophesy . The one who prophesies is greater then the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be built up.

Seek for love and have the desire for the spiritual gifts from above so may prophesy. No one understands you when you speak in tongues because it is a language only God understands. The one who speaks in tongues grows spiritually but the one who prophesies builds the church or help the church grow. It is good to speak in tongues but prophesying is way better, it attracts people to the church because it will be easy for them to understand.

1 Corinthians 14:6
Now, brothers, if i come to  you speaking in tongues , how will I benefit you unless i bring you some revelation or knowledge of prophesy or teaching?

This verse is not difficult to understand that is why I like it.
No one will stop or take a seat to listen to a person speaking in a language they don't understand neither there is an interpreter. People get attracted by prophesies, teachings and revelations. Seek for God's spirit so you can start prophesying and build your church.