Esther Chapter 1 : God is in control

Scriptures
Verse 1 : He showed the riches of his glorious kingdom and the honor of his excellent majesty many days, even a hundred and fourscore [180] days.

Verse 12 :But queen Vashti refused to come at the king's commandement.

Verse 19 : If it please the king , let there go a royal commandment from him, and let it be written among the laws of the Persians and Medes , that it be not altered .
That Vashti come no more before King Ahasuerus , and let the king give her royal estate to another that is better than she.

Observation

Verse 4
Just how long the celebration is?
180 days is half a year.
The king used half a year to show his riches .

Verse 12
Queen Vashti refuse to come.
We are given no reason to why she refused.

Verse 19
If Vashti didn't refuse Esther wouldn't have been in the picture or being the new queen.
God used everything , whatever Vashti's reasons where God used it and set a stage for Esther to enter in the story later on.
[God uses everything even a woman's 'no' to set a stage for what he wants to happen]

Application

Verse 19
God is really in control. He knew what will happen.
He knew Vashti was going to say no.
Maybe God hardened Vashti's heart so that Esther gets into the picture to save the whole population of Jews.
We don't know that.
But we know he is in control so it could be possible.

This will change me to know that i can rest in his presence because he is in control.
God is in control of everyone around me , believer or not.
He can use anyone in my life even me.
I may not know why I'm in a certain person's life or why I'm going through what I'm going through but he knows.

Prayer:
Father above I'm walking on a rocky road.
I don't know what's happening around me or where I'm heading but i know you are in control. I know everything happens for a reason.
So God use me according to your will.
Help me become a better version of myself.
Amen.