Chapter 17: More Chatting

"Ow!" Y/N exclaimed, holding her arm after she fell.

"Y/N! You okay?" Timon asked in concern.

"Yeah. Just landed on my arm wrong. I'll be fine," she assured as he helped her up.

"At least let me wrap it up," he insisted, noticing it bleeding a bit.

Y/N nodded, knowing she wouldn't be able to talk him out of it. They sat down and Timon grabbed some nearby healing leaves. He began wrapping it up when Y/N spoke up.

"T, you know we're gonna have to talk about what happened when we ate the worm," she mentioned.

He stopped for a minute before saying, "The kiss."

"Yeah. That," Y/N nodded.

"I'm sorry about that. It just happened--" Timon started.

"No. Don't apologize, Timon. I...liked it," she admitted as he finished wrapping her arm up.

He looked at her in shock before rubbing his arm shyly.

"Y-Ya did?" he asked.

"Yeah," Y/N smiled, took his hand, then confessed, "Timon, I've liked you for a long time. And I mean, more than a friend. Even your mom wanted me to tell you. But I was scared to say anything because I thought you weren't ready for something like that."

Timon took a deep breath then told her as he gently tightened the grip on her hand, "Y/I, I will admit, I was scared to say anything about that to you. With me being the way I am and that nobody back home besides you and Ma like me, I didn't want the other meerkats looking down on you for being with me. So, I want you to know that I feel the same way, but until I get things fixed between me and my family, I want to stay friends for now."

She smiled weakly and nodded as she agreed, "Okay. But just so you know, it doesn't matter to me if they do that because of how I feel about you."

"I know," he returned it then suggested with a smirk, "Now I'm so gonna beat you at bowling for porcupines!"

He then ran off and Y/N chuckled, saying before going after him, "This is not gonna end well."

And she was right. When they were done, Pumbaa helped Timon get the quills out of his back while Y/N held him still.

"Yeow!" he yelled as one quill was removed then exclaimed when another was, "Ay!"

"This bowling for porcupines..." Pumbaa started, spat the quill out, then finished, "wasn't the best idea, huh?"

"Yeah. Got to be right up there with bobbing for snapping turtles," Timon admitted.

"So am I allowed to say 'I told you so'?" Y/N smirked.

"No you are not--" Timon remarked until another quill was removed, making him scream.

"Oh, that's going to leave a little mark," Pumbaa commented, looked over to the side, spat the quill out, then said, "Hey, look, guys, buzzards. What do you say, one more round?"

"Oh, sure. There must be some part of me we haven't injured yet," Timon remarked sarcastically.

"Oh, please? Oh, please, oh, please, oh, please, oh, please?" Pumbaa pleaded.

"Nah, Pumbaa, I'm beat. You go ahead. I'm calling it a day," Timon declined before pulling another quill out, yelping.

"I'm gonna have to pass too, P. Sorry," Y/N apologized.

"But it's no fun alone," Pumbaa cried.

Pumbaa whimpered sadly until he felt Timon and Y/N hop on his back, making him perk up.

"Aw, why not? One more run won't change our lives," Timon said.

"Let's do this!" Y/N cheered.

They then screamed as they ran for the buzzards when the movie was paused again.

"At first, we didn't think one more run would change our lives I mean, who know why fate lead us to little Simba that day," Y/N replied.

https://makeagif.com/gif/the-lion-king-1-12-parenthoodthe-lion-sleeps-tonight-hd-720p-shTXGK

"Very true, my dear. Maybe it was just my love of adventure or my innate courage, my valiant and fearless way of-" Timon explained, noticed the freeze frames of him being terrified, then demanded, "Okay, who's in charge of the freeze frames?"

"Sorry," Pumbaa apologized.

"Anywho, rescuing Simba was a cinch. Then came the really scary part," Timon said.

"Parenthood," Y/N finished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Time for Simba to come in!