Chapter 2: Timon's and Y/N's Home

The main title of the movie came into view one at a time before shattering the black background to reveal...

“Pride Rock,” Y/N announced.

“So majestic,” Timon described.

“So powerful,” Pumbaa did the same.

“So bizarrely named," Timon pointed out, paused the movie then asked, "Guys, how can a rock be proud? It's a rock."

“I think it's because a pride is what they call a group of lions,” Pumbaa answered.

“Oh, sure, the lions get Pride Rock. And what about us meerkats?” Y/N remarked.

“Where Y/N and I come from, we didn't have nothing to be proud of. Why...ahem,” Timon started.

[Timon:]
“When we were young meerkats”

[Pumbaa:]
“When they were young meerkats”

The two meerkats were sent back a bit before saying, “Very nice.”

“Thanks,” Pumbaa responded as the meerkat couple got back in their seat.

“But it might be safer if we just show them where we came from,” Y/N suggested.

"Good thinking, babe," Timon said, putting an arm around her.

“Oh, boy! Do we get to see where you two grew up?” Pumbaa asked excitedly.

“Yeah, Pumbaa, but it ain't pretty,” Timon sighed then played the movie.

“Please remain seated while the camera is in motion,” Y/N informed.

The camera then zoomed back across the Pride lands, the Elephant Graveyard, and more until it stopped at the middle of nowhere.

“Here we are,” Timon said as a tumbleweed blew past.

“From Pride Rock to the pit of shame. We're so low on the food chain, we're underground,” Y/N explained.

“But you don't have to take our word for it. We’ll just let our fellow meerkats do the talking,” Timon replied.

Then a lot of meerkats popped up out of the ground, singing.

"What was that? What was what?
What was that? What was that?
Where? What? Where? Where?
What was that? Shh!

Quick, before the hyenas come!"

"Clear!" a meerkat on sentry duty informed then they all dug into the dirt.

"Dig, a tunnel, dig, dig a tunnel
When it's done you dig a bigger tunnel
Dig a tunnel, dig, dig a tunnel
Quick, before the hyenas come!
Dig, a tunnel, dig, dig a tunnel
Dig a tunnel, dig, dig a tunnel
You can dig and never get done!
Dig, a tunnel, dig, dig a tunnel
What was that?
Quick, before the hyenas come!
DIG!

Dig a tunnel is what we do!
Life's a tunnel, we'll dig it, too!
Dig a tunnel is what we sing!
Dig a tunnel is everything!
Mud and clay is a meerkat's friend!
Always more around every bend
And when you get to your tunnel's end!
HalleIujah, let's dig again!
DIG!

Dig a tunnel, dig, dig a tunnel
When it's done, you dig a bigger tunnel!
Dig a tunnel, dig, dig a tunnel
What was that?
Quick before the hyenas come!
DIG!"

Y/N and Ma then went through the tunnels, finishing their little chat.

(A/N What you look like.)

“I’m a little nervous if I’m completely honest,” Y/N admitted, rubbing her shoulder with a shy smile

“Don’t be. He will love what you have to say. Now let’s go find him and you tell him when you’re ready,” Ma told her, putting her paws on her shoulders.

Y/N nodded and they went through the lines to find him.

“Timon!" Ma called then asked the others, "Excuse me. Have you seen my son? Has he been through here?”

“Timon!” Y/N called.

“Dig, dig a tunnel,” Uncle Max sang as he went past.

“Uncle Max?” Ma said, lightly tapping his shoulder.

Uncle Max screamed, dropping his rock.

“Uncle Max, relax,” Ma told him.

“Have you seen any sign of Timon?” Y/N wondered.

“No, I haven't, and what a day it's been. No fractures, no lacerations, no concussions, contusions, or injuries of any sort," Max told them, making Ma and Y/N glare at him a bit, then he said with a hearty laugh, "As a matter of fact, there's no sign of Timon's handiwork anywhere."

Then the ground above them cracked before fully collapsing, exposing them to the sunlight.

“Spoke too soon,” Y/N pointed out.

“That would be," Max started calmly then yelled, "TIMON!”

Timon, who was at a magnifying glass-shaped mound of hard soil, nervously turned around and chuckled.

“Hey, everybody,” he greeted.

“Ha ha. Nice work, Timon,” one meerkat chuckled sarcastically.

“Way to go, tunnel klutz,” a second snapped.

“Who else could break a hole?” a third asked.

“Four in one week-a new record,” a fourth pointed out.

“Not again,” Ma groaned.

“What? It's called a skylight,” Timon stated.

The magnifying glass-shaped mound then collapsed as Ma and Y/N went to a saddened Timon.

“Ho ho. Wow. Isn't that creative? A skylight. Oh. Ha ha,” Ma laughed nervously as she dusted him off then said seriously before taking him for a walk, “Y/N and I'll just have a word with him.”

“I-I was just trying to shed a little light on our pathetic existence,” Timon told them as the other meerkats dug in the dirt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Poor Timon.