Chapter 8

It was late afternoon as I made my way up the stairs to Room 143 - my new dorm. I was so scared yet excited about seeing Zach again. I wondered if he would remember me? Let's hope so... I needed to show him exactly what he could've had of he'd stayed.

I unlocked the door to my room to see a girl and a boy making out on a bed.

The creak of the door shocked them and the girl sprung up, off the bed, her long blonde hair flying everywhere.

"Uhh.. hi, you must be my new roommate, right?" She said hastily as the boy stood up and zipped his pants back up.

I started to retreat out the door, "Um, yeah I am... I can come back later if now isn't a good time."

"No, no, come in! Sorry about the bad timing... He was just leaving, weren't you Jesse?" She signalled to the guy, Jesse, pointing to the door.

Jesse grabbed his jacket and quickly made his way through the doorway, flashing me a cheeky smile as he left.

"I'm Heather, nice to meet you. You must be Charlotte, right?" She asked me, shaking my hand. I dropped my bags down next to the other bed.

"Just Charlie's fine." I smiled and sat down on my bed.

"Sooo... was that your boyfriend?" I asked and started to unpack my clothes.

"Who? Jesse? Oh no... we're not... It's complicated." She replied while fixing up her disheveled appearance in the mirror.

I took out my posters and books and started setting them up around my bed in an attempt to somehow make this place seem more homely. Heather seemed like she'd already made herself at home. Her clothes were everywhere - some strewn on the floor, some poorly hung on coat hangers in the closet.

"I hope you don't mind, I chose the bed farthest away from the window. A nasty draft comes in at night if you leave it open." She said while sitting on her bed and opening her laptop.

I looked to my right to see the deep set window with a ledge wide enough to sit on. The view looked directly on to the City skyline, and the skyscraper's lights reflected off the water in front of it. It was the most beautiful thing I'd seen since I arrived. I wasn't gonna complain, even if there was a bad windy draft at night.

I was pulled from my thoughts when I heard a phone ring. It was Heather's. She spoke excitedly on her mobile for a minute or two before hanging up and returning to the room.

"I've just been invited to a welcoming party at the frat house just a couple blocks down, do you wanna come?!" She asked excitedly.

"I don't really do parties." I thought to myself, remembering the events of the last one I went to... "Plus won't they mind if i'm there? Cause I didn't get an invitation or anythi-"

"It's a friggin frat party Charlie, it's not like they have a guest list at the door or anything. C'mon it'll be so fun. Plus there will be really really hot older guys there." She pleaded, and reached out her hand to me, giving me big brown puppy dog eyes.

"Fine but if anyone tries to con me into playing 7 Minutes In Heaven i'm out." I laughed as she pulled me up from the bed and started choosing out clothes for herself.

I started going through my own clothes, trying to find something that would make a good first impression. I decided on a black and white herring bone stitch halter top and a black mini pencil skirt. I let my long straight hair out and put on some smokey eye makeup to finish the outfit. at 5:50 Heather and I made our way down to her car.

"Tonight's gonna be so much fun!" She exclaimed, hopping in the drivers seat. "Who knows, you might even find a cute boy to hook up with." I rolled my eyes in response, and then we were off...

------
HEY GUYS OMG YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW SORRY I AM ABOUT NOT UPDATING. I just had no motivation whatsoever so I put this on the back burner. But I really want to start writing again so if this gets enough votes and comments I promise you I will continue this story! Thank you so much for being patient! I love you all. Xxxx