Chapter 4

I walked over to the mirror to check out my makeup, but it was all a blur, a mix of blackness and skin. It was that stupid drink that my friend Marissa gave me. I came to this party with my three friends Katrina, Isabel and Marissa. 'Ris is the leader of the group... Tall, blonde, slim... Typical popular girl.

She took me under her wing on my second day of college. I didn't really have a choice wether I hung out with her or not. She was a leader and I was a follower. I was glad to find a friend. She also took in Is and Kat. Over the past few months I realized that she takes in the vulnerable types that will do whatever she says. She sees potential in them and goes in for the kill. She convinced me to come to this party tonight.

Normally I wouldn't go but it's the first day of summer and she told me there would be hot college guys there. Plus it would be a chance to wear my new dress I bought last week. Now I've ruined that dress but in the process met a new nice guy, but in that process, threw up on him. And now here I am staring in the mirror looking at a broken, drunk, lonely girl with mascara smudged under my eyes and a mysterious boys shirt on.

I take my hand off my face and sigh. I hear footsteps on the bathroom tiles behind me, coming closer. Zach stares into the mirror with me.

"What's wrong?" He asks, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I shouldn't be here, Zach. I hate parties, I don't drink, I'm not used to embarrassing myself like this, or wearing another guys shirt... Marissa's just using me and I'm sick of it and now I'm here talking to a perfect guy in his bathroom because I just threw up on him!" I cry. I feel the tears sting my eyes. This is so stupid and fucked up. I just want to get out of here. I turn around to face Zach and touch his arm.

"Zach, I just want to go home. Please. I'm so sorry for what happened and thank you so, so much for being so nice to me, but I need to leave, right now." I croak out. I dodge past him and grab my purse from the countertop and walk towards the door, but a hand on my arm stops me. Zach pulls me around to face him and before I can say anything, I feel his lips crash to mine.

•-•-•-•-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------•-•-•-•

A/N: oooh! What's their ship name? ZARLIE? CHACH? hahahhaha chack sounds weird. I think Zarlie is it! I'm really sorry because there was an alternate chapter to this but it got deleted from my computer somehow :( I spent half an hour crying over it because it was so long, before I started writing this. Sorry it's so short guys. I start back at school tomorrow which also happens to be my birthday :/ so please keep commenting so I know you actually want to read the stuff I write! Love you all lots xxxxx Amy