26.

Some weeks passed by while Erin and Alexia kept seeing each other out of work, the captains knee getting better day by day.

When Alexia arrived for her therapy session on a Friday morning, she didn't know that today was going to be their first session outside in the grass.

Erin had it planned out all week and since the weather was extremely good this morning, the blonde wanted to celebrate early October with something she knew would make the athlete extremely happy.

Finally putting her feet on the pitch.

When the captain walks down the hallway of the Barcelona Rehab towards Erin's room, she looks down at her feet, loving how her left leg was mostly working like it had been before the injury in early July.

Just before the captain approaches the therapists door, Erin was a bit faster, opening up, before coming face-to-face with the Barcelona captain.

"Bonita", Alexia smiles with a small voice, not wanting anyone to hear them, her cheeks slightly blushing as she wonders why the hell Erin was closing the door, the both of them standing outside while the blonde was holding onto the door knob behind her back.

"Hello Alexia", the blonde chuckles, biting her lower lip as she had an exciting expression on her face.

"Why do I feel like you're excited about something?", Alexia asks with a curious voice, eyeing the blonde up and down, when the grin on Erin's face grows wider.

"It's maybe because I am. And you should be excited as well, babe", Erin chuckles softly as she steps away from the door, motioning for the midfielder to get into the room first, while Erin waits with her hands behind her back, firmly standing next to the door.

"Okay...?", Alexia breathes, slowly approaching the door as she slowly and unsurely surely opens it up, coming face-to-face with Erin's therapy room that looked just like it had been the last few months.

What is so exciting?

The captain hears the door click as she takes a look around, the sound making clear that Erin was now inside as well.

That's when a wrapped gift that was placed on the therapy bench comes into sight.

Alexia turns around, a curious, yet cute smirk on her lips as she blushes, Erin pointing towards the present because of course this was meant for the Barcelona captain.

"Before you open it... know that we have a collaboration with them and I did some research to find out which would fit", the blonde smiles, hopping onto the therapy bench as she takes a seat at the edge, watching how Alexia slowly approaches the gift.

"Can I... open it?", Alexia wonders, her eyes shining in excitement as she reaches for the perfectly wrapped gift. In some way, it was too lovingly wrapped to just pull away the paper.

"It's yours", the therapist shrugs, eyes shining as well when she watches the captain starting to unwrap the bow, tossing it to the side when she eyes Erin quickly.

"Your eyes say it's something special", Alexia chuckles softly as she unwraps the dark blue paper with the Barcelona Rehab print, before a taller white box comes into sight.

"Whatever you may think about it", Erin shrugs as she bites her lower lip, unable to hide the grin that was growing on her face when Alexia opens the box.

Erin has been waiting for this moment so long.

"Oh", Alexia breathes, lips parting as her eyes shine like the sun, the athlete reaching inside as she gets out the gift.