Part 2

Switch pov 

We spent a chill evening together and then decided to hit the arcade. My gaming pride didn't like losing though, so I started playing more seriously while you matched the energy. A series of wins and losses, with lots of laughs and fun, followed. Pure luck, I thought when you got the jackpot fish, but I knew your timing was a lot better than mine, like when you gave me the present on the hour I was born after I surprised you a day late. I mean I was confused about why you wouldn't talk to me until I saw a notification on my phone at the end of the day. Anyways, I had to pull you by the hand to the laser tag area even though we already scheduled it, "Come on, we'll miss our time slot." We were at a draw after the fishing game, but you were still hesitating; it seems something else was troubling you. "It will be fun," I handed you a vest before grabbing one from the other section, "and you have already destroyed me in most of the shooting games."

When the vests lit up and the door opened, annoyance flashed on your face after seeing I was on the other team, but you still haven't put the vest on properly. I clicked two buckles that you missed on the sides and placed a quick kiss on your cheek, "Let the games begin." Then, I left you there to prepare for the fun. About 10 paces in, I slowed my breathing and quieted my steps as you crossed into the room. Three of my team members and one of yours were already in, and a couple more were nearly done preparing as I entered. This will be so much fun, I turned to the right while the second floor was filled with the sounds of the fired lasers. A blue member was on the top of the runway, so I took two shots at them. Both missed, and a returning shot took away one health. Damn, I'm getting rusty at this. I crept up the slope, came to the area where the blue person was, and hit them twice as they were running to the other side. There was only one blinking spot on their vest, but they got to the lower floor and disappeared from my view. I waited in the corner next to the ramp. Knowing you, you would have checked your area to prevent an ambush and approached the fighting zone carefully. Everyone should be in by now, and there was the occasional running and firing. Just then, I heard someone's gun bump into the wall and a soft curse. I know where you are my lovely, beautiful foe. I considered knocking the gun out of your hands and then giving a hug-tackle. Instead, a smile lit my face- cuz it's a dark room, haha- as I stepped up and aimed since it's laser tag after all.