Chapter 4: Who are you Boboiboy?

Venti POV

It was late at night and by the low amount of people still at the tavern showed it. It was only Kaeya drinking, Albedo reading next to him, Diluc serving telling us all to leave, Aether was on a table talking to Paimon but both were almost asleep. And I'm telling a magnificent story to Boboiboy. At least I was until he fell asleep on the countertop happily. I smiled. The boy might have only been here for about a month but he has already grown onto me. I don't understand why but I feel like perhaps we've met before. I feel the strange need of being coddled by him but also to play with and care about. I feel as if he were my best friend and that we've know each other our whole lives. It's such a strange feeling. It's as if he knows everything about me when I look at him. And yet we barely know each other.

I grab a blanket from behind the counter and drape it over him. In his sleep he seems to be upset, on the verge of crying perhaps. I wonder what he's dreaming about.

All of the sudden he grimaces and starts twitching in his sleep. Should I wake him up? Probably. How could I let a dear friend suffer in my presence. I try to nudge him awake. Keyword, try. The wind starts to pick up and let me tell you, it was not my godly doings. The teenager starts shaking his head and crying. The ground begins to crackle and peel away around him.

This is getting really worrying.

The air pressure seems to have escalated a ton. An aura so powerful it would make the most powerful archon break down from the magical stress building up.

The boy's eyes shot open and he jolted upwards. No pupils were visible on his eyes. My heart rate sped up.

"BOBOIBOY! YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN!"

He didn't seem to be hearing me. At all. He's still dreaming. No. This couldn't be some dream. It had to be..

a nightmare.

Nightmares are dangerous for most vision holders. Especially those that hold some form of trauma. Hence why most usually have some kind of companion. The reason to why nightmares are dangerous is because the user can't leave the nightmare. They struggle to wake up from one. The user becomes violent to anything near without even realising it. Their vision goes out of control, responding to the users feelings by destroying everything around it. Vision wielders have to constantly be in check of how they're feeling due to the nightmares. The only way to wake up form one is for someone close to calm them down, hence the companion; or to completely knock them out.

In this situation either option probably won't work.

"Retak'ka.." Boboiboy snarled, words filled with venom and anger.

What the heck is retak'ka? Whatever it is can't be good. In all my time knowing the teenager, he has never once showed an emotion this angry.

He stumbled backwards and a blood curdling scream came out. Water flew from his tear stained face. His hands gripped onto his hair pulling it. Every strain in his muscles were visible.

The ground began to break around him as if the gravity in the area tripled. Everyone in the tavern was now most definitely aware of the situation. Debris began floating around him, drinks no longer in their cups. Everyone was now kneeling or flat on the ground unable to get up and help Boboiboy. Even I was dropped onto my knees.

Boboiboy gripped onto his head, still screaming, crying out, and began to bang his head onto the ground repetitively.

"BOBOIBOY STOP! You're just hurting yourself"

The kid needed to stop. If he continues like this he might seriously hurt himself if he hasn't already. Blood poured from his skull from all the banging and the screaming. He was screaming at us all, yelling that he was in pain, that he couldn't feel anything, that it was his fault, he was sorry, so very sorry, but most of all he kept repeating retak'ka, retak'ka, retak'ka.