𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘

𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗔 𝗛𝗨𝗡𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗜𝗠𝗘𝗗 when her sisters were claimed

𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗔 𝗛𝗨𝗡𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗜𝗠𝗘𝗗 when her sisters were claimed. After waiting for nearly four years, she was claimed by Hecate. Everyone's suspicions were confirmed.

If you asked Chiron, he'd tell you that you couldn't guess someone's godly parent. There are no outward indicators. He'd be lying. All of Athena's children have those creepy gray eyes, and all of Hermes's children have that mischievous smile. Of course you can tell.

There are no general indicators for a child of Hecate, they tell Seraphina.

Seraphina thinks that that is the stupidest thing she's ever heard in her life. They're sisters. Even if they have different fathers, they're going to look similar.

Ever since she met her little sisters, she had searched for a sign. Something to prove everyone else wrong. And, she'd found it: their eyes. Each of them had dark eyes, with something swirling underneath. Some shimmering and lustrous thing; some dangerous light, shining behind their eyes. Bella's eyes shone purple, Valentina's were red.

Seraphina's didn't change color. Her eyes were black, as dark as midnight. She wondered that, maybe, this had been a sign.

(She didn't see them when she fought, though, all swirling and shifting with a dark power. Yes, maybe it had been a sign.)

⚔︎ ⚔︎ ⚔︎

𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗔 𝗔𝗟𝗪𝗔𝗬𝗦 wakes up with a splitting headache. She doesn't know why, but it was probably related to that fact that she can never remember her dreams.

She wakes up in the Hermes cabin, on a hard-as-rock cot that she had to quite literally fight for. To her, it seems like every other day: splitting headache, blurry vision, and stars still in the sky. For a moment, she rests on the edge of her bed, head in her hands. It's only unbearable until the next early riser starts to shift in their bed. Then it's easier for her to force herself to her feet, grab her clothes and toiletries, and stagger to the showers.

The early bird gets the worm, after all, and Seraphina has long since trained herself to wake up before all the others in the overcrowded Hermes cabin.

She's the first to the showers, and the first to breakfast, and the first to all of their activities. She's the first to bed, and the first awake, and she's the first one to wonder: why? Why is she stuck in a cabin with over thirty others? Why are there only twelve cabins? Why has her mother never spoken to her?

There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of questions swirling through her head at any given moment, but she keeps them quiet. She sits on them, and stews, as she and Luke watch the youngest demigods lose their sparkle as reality sets in. She waits and watches as hopes and dreams are crushed, and as more and more campers begin to foster hatred and anger.