𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗔 𝗪𝗢𝗞𝗘 𝗨𝗣 a bit when she saw Percy on Mount Othrys

𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗔 𝗪𝗢𝗞𝗘 𝗨𝗣 a bit when she saw Percy on Mount Othrys. It was like a breath of fresh air–for the past couple of days, the only people she'd seen had been enemies: Sera, Luke, and countless monsters.

But Percy . . . seeing him reminded her of what she and Chris had planned; it reminded her of freedom. Percy had come for her, had gotten her letters. Finally, someone heard her. It was like she was reenergized, filled to the brim with a desire to survive that she hadn't felt since Luke had sent Chris away to die.

She needed to tell Percy everything. Gathering information was the only reason she'd left bed since Chris had gone, and now was her chance.

Bella stood to Sera's right, who stood to Luke's right, like a cascading path of power. Bella was the foot soldier, the muscle, the one they used and brainwash and manipulated–the one they saw only in terms of power. Sera was next: the guard dog, the pet, the mindless but sharp-toothed right-hand soldier. Luke was at the front. He was the face of the entire operation, despite not being the brains. His face, the familiarity and memories it held for so many demigods, made it easy to them to forget he was infected with Kronos, who whispered lies and cruel plans into his ear.

And of course, to Bella's left, kneeling behind them all, was a pale and gaunt Annabeth, barely able to keep herself from collapsing.

Opposing them, was the small attacking force sent by Camp Half-Blood. Percy, of course, Thalia, Mia–why was she here? who was with Valentina, was Valentina alone–and one of Artemis's huntresses, who looked very distraught at the sight of her goddess underneath the sky's weight.

"This is a family matter," Atlas was saying. He was looking straight at the huntress, who couldn't be bothered to look away from Artemis.

"Let her go," the huntress commanded, voice shaking. "She is a goddess."

"Daughter—"

"I am no daughter of yours," she responded, drawing her bow. "Release my goddess or I will attack."

"We will attack," Thalia clarified, bringing out her spear.

Percy followed suit with his sword. His eyes tracked Bella, deep and soulful, like he knew what she wanted. Like he was trying to speak to her from all the way across Sera's boot camp.

Atlas smirked. He knelt next to Artemis and tried to touch her face, but the goddess bit at him, almost taking off his fingers.

"Hoo-hoo," Atlas chuckled. "You see, daughter? Lady Artemis likes her new job. I think I will have all the Olympians take turns carrying my burden, once Lord Kronos rules again, and this is the center of our palace. It will teach those weaklings some humility."

Percy's eyes still never left Bella's. She wanted to warn him, to tell him that Luke was dangerous; he couldn't underestimate him. Especially not now, when Luke had disappointed Kronos one too many times.