𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗔 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗟𝗢𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗚 her mind

𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗔 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗟𝗢𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗚 her mind. Bellatrix was gone—had been gone for what seemed like forever, siding with the demigod Seraphina was worried would turn out to be their enemy. She was trying to fix what Seraphina had done for her without knowing.

Luke had gotten one vague Iris Message from Percy. It had lasted only minutes, but Luke had barely mentioned Bellatrix.

Was she okay? Was she injured? Did she look happy?

He couldn't answer any of her questions. He could just say, He's wearing the shoes, Sera- Percy's wearing the shoes. It'll work out.

Seraphina wasn't so sure.

𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦 𝗔𝗧 𝗖𝗔𝗠𝗣 continued to grow tense. Fights began to break out between the two factions: those who sided with Zeus, and those who sided with Poseidon.

Chiron was getting nervous. He hadn't leaked the news about the bolt to the campers, and yet they all knew. He had no suspicions towards Seraphina or Luke, who'd been nothing but helpful and kind during this chaotic period. He hadn't even begun to consider that they were two of the only people who knew what was happening.

Well, Seraphina wasn't going to complain. Things were getting tense and Kronos slowly picked away at the gods defenses through Luke and Seraphina. They quietly instigated, quietly rebelled, and if this scheme with Zeus's bolt succeeded, they'd rip Olympus apart with their bare hands. The time was fast approaching.

𝗩𝗔𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗔 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗚𝗥𝗢𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗚 distant. Seraphina didn't want to think about it, especially not with Bellatrix so far away. But Val's been spending more time out of Chiron's library. Seraphina's not sure where she goes, but she knows she's not alone. She's heard from Luke that Val's made a friend from the Hephaestus cabin, and they spend their time running around camp, giggling like children.

Seraphina knows she should be happy about this. Valentina shouldn't be ostracized, shouldn't be hated. This is what it should be: children being children, without any thought of the gods neglecting them.

But it doesn't make her happy. It makes her nervous. This daughter of Hephaestus doesn't want what's best for Val, that much she knows. Not like Sera or Bella do. Not like Luke. This girl is a stranger. This girl is dangerous.

Seraphina doesn't know her name or her history, but she does know this: this girl is a threat to all she's built. Everything she's sacrificed has been for Bellatrix and Valentina, and if she loses them because of a couple of "friends," she will never recover.

She's bled and suffered for Kronos and she needs Kronos to succeed. She needs her sisters. If the daughter of Hephaestus or the son of Poseidon ruin that, she will kill them both without a second thought.

They cannot afford any connections here. Camp is a metamorphosis, a stage. They are here temporarily. Their next step will be up, to something higher, something better. They will ascend to their rightful places in Kronos's army, by Luke's side.