𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗔 𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗦 𝗧𝗢 be proud

𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗔 𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗦 𝗧𝗢 be proud. Their plan worked; she and Luke were on their way to Kronos. It was finally time.

But they were missing Valentina. Sera saw it in Bella's eyes whenever the younger girl turned to glare at her. She felt it, whenever she thought about camp and what they left behind.

Luke didn't agree.

"As much as I hate it, it's safest for her there," he tells her, cradling her face gently in the way that almost makes her tear up. "If she were with us, she'd always be in danger. Imagine her here, surrounded by our army. Don't worry, Sera. She'll come to us eventually."

𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗔 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗦 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗔 down one day and tries to convince her. It's not easy. Bella's stubborn and headstrong, and the way they got her out of camp was aggressive. It wasn't a good first impression.

"Bells-" Sera tries. Her sister doesn't even look at her. "Bella."

No response.

"Bellatrix!" Finally, she turns to look, glare still present. "This is good for us! You need to understand that we are on the good side."

"How is this good for us?" Bella snaps at her. "You took me away from my friends. Away from Val." Her voice breaks just a little, but she clears her throat and tries again. "I don't understand."

"But you didn't argue that we're the good guys," Sera says, trying for a smile. It falls short. Bella just turns to look out over the deck of the Princess Andromeda.

Sera follows her gaze, pride blossoming in her stomach. It hadn't been easy, gathering their army of monsters. She'd worked and toiled and convinced and bribed and threatened, but it was here and powerful.

Bella doesn't look proud. She just looks nervous and upset.

Seraphina reaches into her bag. "I have something for you."

She pulls out the purple box from Hecate's box. She hasn't shown anyone the lockbox yet, but she will once Bella's really on their side. She smiles a little, knowing how excited Val will be.

Bella takes the box, eyes flickering up to meet Sera's. "You got me a present?"

Sera gives her a conspiratorial grin. "I stole it from the Big House. It's what Hecate sent, when she claimed us." Her voice turns cold. "Chiron was hiding them from us. He was a coward."

Bella shrinks back, and Sera internally panics. She's supposed to be bringing her into the fold, not pushing her out.

"Here, I've got mine, too." She pulls at a cord around her throat. Her black gem emerges from underneath her collar. She'd done a simple spell to form a protective shield around it, glowing faintly. "It makes me stronger."