𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗫𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘 𝗚𝗢𝗘𝗦 well

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗫𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘 𝗚𝗢𝗘𝗦 well. Once the manticore came back with Annabeth, it was easy enough. Luke had dragged Annabeth to the top of the cliff, had shown her their camp. He'd wanted her to be impressed with their strength, but she'd been more concerned with Bellatrix, holding the sky.

She'd called them monsters. She'd yelled and tried to get away. But eventually she'd done what they'd planned. Annabeth took the sky for Bellatrix.

And their plan was underway.

Sera finds that she likes life at the cliff side camp. It's closer and more tight-knit than life on the Princess Andromeda. It feels significantly less luxurious, though, and they decide to leave the golden sarcophagus onboard the ship. It's better protected and more comfortable, Sera says. Yes, but, Luke tries.

It's framed like an argument, but Luke and Sera both know what's best. Kronos stays.

It means that Luke only really comes ashore when he needs to. So does most of their army. Only Sera and her most loyal pupils set up camp surrounding the sky. They're the guard. Sera likes the title.

But when Annabeth takes the weight of the sky from her little sister, and Bella's eyes roll to the back of her head and she collapses, Sera goes back to the cruise ship. It marks her first time aboard since they docked, and any negative feelings are put to rest by her sheer, overwhelming relief.

Finally. Finally Bella was safe. Finally she'd made her sacrifice. It was only a matter of time, now. They'd laid the bait, set the trap, and Kronos's plan was sure to fall into place.

𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗔 𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦 𝗧𝗢 ply Bella with gifts. She brings food and sweet treats. She summons makeup from the nearest CVS, just like Bella and Chris would do, if they were here.

Bella doesn't even look at her.

Sera spends all her time on the ship now, standing awkwardly in the door to Bella's room. Bella doesn't say much. Doesn't do much of anything. She just sits, and looks out the window.

One day, Sera brings a wide wooden bowl and a pitcher of magically clarified water. In her bag she's carrying several large books. She's never done this before, but she's confident she'll get it right.

Bella doesn't watch, even when Sera tells her to. It doesn't matter. Sera sets up on her nightstand. She fills the bowl to the brim, to the point where the only thing holding the water in is the surface tension. She says the initial spells quickly, to prepare everything.

"Is there someone–anyone–that you'd like to see?"

And finally! It piques Bella's interest. Sera can tell–her head doesn't turn, but her fingers twitch, and Sera knows she wants to look.

"I can find Chris," she needles. "I can find your dad. I can probably find Hecate, with this thing—"

"Chris?" Bella asks, voice raspy. She turns. Sera's shocked into brief silence by the red rimming her eyes.