𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡

𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗔 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗟𝗨𝗞𝗘 get the same table in the far corner of the dining hall every single day

𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗔 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗟𝗨𝗞𝗘 get the same table in the far corner of the dining hall every single day. It's a constant on the Princess Andromeda—they eat there every single meal, every single day.

Sometimes, they invite people to join them. Often, Bella and Chris stop by, though they usually wander during normal meal times. Other times, they'll call over people they want to talk to: important monsters and demigods, new initiates, and other allies. It provides a opportunity for networking, and Sera and Luke have a lot of good will to cultivate.

"We will set out for Miami," Luke announces. Around his table is an assortment of people that makes Sera proud. There's draecaenae, empousi, and demigods–Bella and Chris have joined them, sitting next to Sera. "There, we'll wait in port until the son of Poseidon brings us the Fleece."

Bella isn't paying attention, and Sera can't understand why. The rest of the table is enraptured–they finally see what she's seen all along. Pride blossoms in her chest.

But Bella. . . Bella just picks at her food. Even Chris is watching his brother, spell-bound almost. But not Bella. She fiddles with her fork, the tablecloth.

Sera nudges her with an elbow. This is her job; she needs to make sure Luke is respected.

"What?" Bella whispers.

"Don't be rude, Bells." She looks quickly to Luke, who's still talking. "Pay attention."

"I've heard all this already," she says dismissively. "I'm not being rude."

"Bella-"

Chris bumps Bella with his shoulder. It such a familiar action. When did they grow so close? Sera's glad Bella is putting down roots here, of course. She seems to find the Princess Andromeda more freeing, if her excursion into self-expression is any indication. Now, she wears darker, more dangerous clothing and makeup. The camp was hindering her in so many ways.

Sera is so proud of her.

But she is still disrespecting Luke.

"Hey, don't worry," Chris says gently. "She's paying attention. If she misses something, I'll fill her in later."

Bella rolls her eyes and grumbles: "We shouldn't have even come; this is boring."

"Bellatrix!" Sera hisses.

Her little sister blinks up at her. Sera needs her to understand that she can't act like this. Not in front of all their soldiers, in the middle of the dining hall.