Spice Eating

So this had the most votes so far so here we go.

The sun shined on the group of students, each immersed in their own conversations. Cars zoomed by, disturbing the falling leaves. One red leaf landed on one of the students, the red leaf standing out amongst her baby pink hair.

She blinked, Blyke was smiling oddly at her. His hand reached out plucking the leaf out of her hair and giving it to her. She laughed before throwing it into the air again, the breeze pushed it into the air where it soon disappeared. Isen gave them a weird look, how'd a leaf stop them from listening to him?

Must be an inside joke.

He retells them the story of the first time he had spicy food. From what his mother told him he held out pretty well, he ate a whole bowl of spicy wings when he was 7. He might not have any recollection of it but he was amazing, of course little him could do it.

Blyke scoffed, throwing an arm around his girlfriend's shoulder. "So you might be good at spice but Remi dominates." The girl in question flushed but smiled brightly, Isen pouted but nodded nonetheless. Blyke was right, Remi fucking loved spicy food and would down it in no time. The one-chip challenge? It had nothing on Remi, she did it publicly at the spice festival they had a month ago and won $100 and a trophy.

A Queen in every sense.

"Well," Sera added to their conversation, "we're going to the Spice Shack right now, we can see if your mother was telling the truth."

"Of course she was, she's my mother!" Isen shouted in mock outrage, John snorted. "Right, and you're her son. She would spare your feelings if you actually fucking sucked at eating spicy food. You said it yourself, you literally don't remember it happening."

Isen gasped indignantly, "how dare you! I'll prove it to all of you. Of course, I won't be able to beat Remi but I can for sure beat the rest of you." Remi giggled, enjoying the challenge Isen just put out.

John smirked and continued walking towards the bright red store a little ways away.

What Isen didn't know was that he was actually quite good at spice and he could actually remember. Apparently, he got it from his mother, his father told him that she enjoyed any type of spicy food.

"Well, I know for sure that I am not good at eating spice at all, so I'll just record the whole challenge and be on standby in case someone needs help. I dunno if I can heal someone from not being good at eating spicy food..." Elaine said lightly, tapping a finger to her chin in thought. She really did not know. The last time she had spicy food she ended up crying and drinking all of her orange juice, she was too distracted and in pain to try to heal herself.

Arlo rolled his eyes but offered her his arm. She flushed prettily, a little surprised at the public affection. She smiled softly, looping her arms in his.

Acting like he didn't see it happen so the idiots wouldn't annoy them he spoke, "let them figure it out themselves. They wanted to try the spice challenge, if they can't handle it it's their problem."

"Arlo you're joining us."

He whipped his head around, his legs halted and he glared at the guy behind him.

"What?" Was the flat answer.

"You agreed to come so you're participating."

"That's not happening John," Arlo spoke lowly.

He merely rolled his eyes before smirking, "what, to chicken to have spicy food? It's just some peppers. I can't say I'm surprised though, of course, you wouldn't join. You can't eat spicy food."