Title songs

Chapter 1- so things are different tonight
||Dream sweet in sea major by the miracle musical||

So my thoughts on this chapter were everywhere but from what I was writing I saw that basically things would be different for Bruce since he is befriending someone he knows he's not supposed to, so I thought those lyrics were an ok start

Chapter 2- children born of one emotion
||Dream sweet in sea major by the miracle musical||

This chapter was going to mainly focus on Vance and his family life, but obviously that didn't really happen, so what instead I did was I showed that Vance is seen as mean and rude and violent from everyone else's perspective (like the movie shows) but once you're actually in his space he's a lot more fun to hang around with and he's obviously a good kid because look at all his family photos of him and his mom. He's just a bit troubled because maybe have some family issues.

Chapter 3-the room was fit for two
||A little death by the neighborhood||

This chapter is just showing how Vance and his mother are close in advance as a mama's boy, The lyrics the room was fit for two was originally to show that Vance's room was perfect for him and Bruce but I think I changed it to the whole house was perfect for Vance and his mother, so this chapter basically shows Vance and his mothers relationship.

Chapter 4-well go together in flight
||Dream sweet in sea major by the miracle musical||

I chose these lyrics because this chapter is basically them skipping school and doing "risky" things with each other such as walking out of the school holding hands, walking the streets together, and of course Bruce helping Vance after the fight, this was just meant for a day for them to get closer basically and for Bruce to start realizing his feelings.

Chapter 5-you know he heard you
||a little death by the neighborhood but I alternated it||

So this chapter is about Bruce finally figuring out his feelings and being a tad bit confused, he tries to confide in someone who also has the same problem as him, it's also just another lighthearted chapter where him and Vance get closer, towards the end of the chapter Vance confronts him about the phone which turns it to a cliffhanger, I did that because I'm evil.

Chapter 6-a night that they will never forget
|| a little death by the neighborhood||

This chapter is basically Vance and Bruce confessing their feelings for each other, and obviously getting together, it's also the chapter that Bruce does something really risky which is pretending to be his dad while he calls the school, and again it's just a lighthearted chapter about Vance and Bruce getting together and advance is Mother excepting them.

Chapter 7- I can run, but I can't hide
||family line by Conan gray||

This chapter has a little bit of abuse in it, bruce's mother has obviously gone crazy because her great baby boy is not listening to her anymore and he's rebelling, which sends her over the edge and she starts to freak out so she tracks them down and search harassing them, Bruce having no other way threatens to call the police for abuse and he has a lot of people on his side who will help him with that, later in the chapter him and Vance go out for lunch and meet up with the other boys. This chapter might be a little heavy for some people as it does mention finney and Gwen's abuse from their father which is a scene that lots of people can't handle, and obviously Bruce's mother does physically hurt him in this chapter, this chapter was just to show that Bruce's family isn't all that perfect and that there's abuse in multiple kinds of ways and in different homes.

Chapter 8-could you hold me through the
Night?
||highschool sweethearts by Melanie Martinez||

This chapter is basically where Bruce and Vance confront Bruce's parents about how they were treating them and how they will not stop them from dating, this chapter was a lot more serious than I wanted it to be but at the end of it I think it ended perfectly with them just going to sleep and Bruce realizing that he does love Vance and that nothing will stop him from loving him, not until they both get sick of each other which I doubt that will happen.

Again I'm super happy that everyone thought this was a good fanfic I personally am not a big fan of it even though I wrote it but I'm super happy y'all do and I hope this chapter gives you an explanation for each other chapter and from where I got the titles from❤️❤️❤️❤️