Could you hold me through the night? (Chapter 8)

I just wanted to say something about the money, in the 70's-80's everything was a lot cheaper and shit, so if you have 2$ back then that's around 8$ now so don't freak out when you see that they only have like 1-2$ in this chapter

Also I'm making this town a bit more excepting of gay people because I don't wanna deal with writing homophobia all the time

———————————————————————————

Once we made it to the arcade everyone went to separate areas, Finney and Robin went over to the fighting games, Billy and griffin went to the racing games, and Vance of course to the pinball machines, I told him to go ahead so I could talk to the other kids first, I walked over to Billy and Griffin, "here guys" I handed them each 2$ griffin looked ecstatic at the money, thanking me before continuing the game, I walked over to Finney and Robin who were busy playing a game, I lightly hit a button making Robin lose immediately.

"What the hell bruce!" I smiled at them handing them each 2$ as well "for snacks and stuff" they thanked me restarting there game, I walked all the way across the arcade to where Vance was, he had already formed a crowd, people around him cheering him on, which was mostly girls getting close to him or holding there hands in his back, it made me uncomfortable how comfortable those girls were to him, I walked over to them pushing my way over to Vance, "you see this shit Bruce, this is why they call me pinball Vance!" I laughed a bit, a girl next to me spoke up.

"He's trying to beat his high score" I nodded, looking back at the numbers, I didn't know exactly what his high score was but from the numbers at the top it must have been a lot, i heard another scream that he was about to beat it, so I'm guessing he was getting close to his Highscore, I looked over at him and saw a girl rubbing his shoulders and back, I furrowed my eyebrows a bit, Vance really couldn't do anything about it he was to busy on his game, I'm guessing Vance noticed me looking at the girl with disgust because he pushed her off his losing his score, everyone groaned.

"Vance why did you stop?" One his his friends said from his side, "oh well some bitch decided it was an okay idea to mess with me while I was playing and I couldn't focus" the girl back up a bit her face turning red from embarrassment, Vance looked over at me a big grin on his face, "you wanna try sweetface" I smiled back at him walking in front of the machine, "sure honey I'll give it a shot" the girls around us either gasped or covered there mouths with there hands. Most of Vance's friends didn't seem to mind.

He showed me how it worked, then places my hands on the buttons, the first few hits he held my hands but soon took his hands away letting me do it by myself but he still stood beside me. I went a couple of times before finally calling it, "okay my hands hurt you can go back to playing Vance" he nodded giving me a quick peck before playing again, again most of the girls looked shocked,  I watched him play before I felt a tug in my shirt, I looked behind me to see Griffin, "everyone is gonna go play air hockey you and Vance wanna come?" I nodded looking back at Vance.

He was no where near his Highscore so I hit the machine making the ball go into the wrong hole, he banged his hands in the side of the machine looking up at me, "come one the others wanna play air hockey and I'm so gonna beat your ass" he widened his eyes, "like hell you are" he stood up running over to the air hockey machines, I followed right behind him, Finney and griffin went first, I was rooting for Griffin while Billy and Robin rooted for Finney, Vance didn't care much but I know he was secretly rooting for griffin.

Finney did end up winning, and my suspicion of Vance rooting for griffin was right because he started screaming at the other boys for winning, me and griffin laughed stepping aside for the next person to go which was Robin, this time I rooted for Finney while Vance rooted for Robin, Billy and Griffin had went to get snacks, this game took a bit longer since both boys kept getting tied or they just kept hitting the thing back and forth, but soon Finney won again, both decided they wanted a break so Vance went in with Billy, Billy was super close to winning but Vance had the upper arm strength and he beat him by one point, I decided I would go up against Vance.