Chapter Eight

Okay, this was a little crazy for me. Something new and something I didn't plan to keep up for too long. I logged onto Sofia's profile. Obviously Zoe'd been on because she'd changed the picture to some incredibly gorgeous girl. She was a model. There was no way Marcus would believe she was real! Well, he did accept her a couple days before so there was a chance. Even then, he'd probably think that she's (or I?) some mental fan. I mean...Technically "she" didn't even exist, but still...

Marcus Butler is Online, I noticed - the only person online. It was nearly 3 am and I'd had a couple drinks over Zoe's, this was happening.

Sofia: Hey Marcus.

Marcus: Hey, who is this?

Marcus: ...

Sofia: I'm a friend of Zoe's, we met at her birthday party last year.

I lied. Of course I lied. What else was I supposed to do? I'd have to call Zoe and let her know about this so she wouldn't slip.

Marcus: Oh, I think I remember you!

Marcus: You're gorgeous, may I add?

Sofia: Why thank you, Marcus. You're quite a looker yourself.

Why in the world was I blushing? He wasn't talking about me. Sigh...

Sofia: So, tell me about yourself...

Marcus: Well, I live in Brighton. I like making videos, travelling, and having fun.

Marcus: Why don't you tell me about you?

This is obviously where it was going to get hard. I thought for a few moments...

Sofia: I live in London. I like to eat, I like dancing, reading, and shopping.

All were true except where I lived. I obviously lived in Brighton, just a couple minutes from Marcus.

Marcus: God, you're just like my friend, Alfie.

Shit. Shit. Shit. He knew. I'm done.

Sofia: ...?

Marcus: Oh, he's a great guy! We're really great friends, someone I can be around all the time!

Can we say PHEW? But wow, did Marcus really say that? Aw, that was sweet. I could totally be around him all the time too!

Sofia: I thought you were implying that I was like a boy. You caught yourself though ;)

Marcus: You sound like an interesting girl. I'd love to talk more, but I'm going to head off to bed now. Do you have a number?

Oh shit, what now? Holy crap.

Sofia: Um no, actually... It was stolen when I was at the clubs last but I'll be getting a new one soon!

Marcus: Okay, then we'll talk on here another time? Goodnight, Sofia.

Sofia? Right, Sofia!

Sofia: Goodnight, Marcus!

Marcus Butler is offline, I watched his status change.

That was exhilerating. That rush was everything I needed. Never did I ever think I'd flirt with Marcus, even if I had to switch identities to do so. I wonder if Marcus was into "Sofia" because of her looks or because of her personality? My personality. And what was that whole bringing-up-Alfie thing about? I definitely needed to call Zoe in the morning!