Chapter Twenty-One

Caspar and Biscuit thought that it would be fun to watch a scary movie. Of course, having too much pride, nobody said no. I should have, I hated scary movies! As everybody got cuddled into their little couple - Dan and Hannah, Chris and Ashlee, Caspar and Biscuit, Jack and Sierra, and Sam and Zoe - I realized that I was still single and had nobody to be cute and cuddly with. I walked over to where Louise was sitting so we both woudn't feel so lonely. Well, Louise was married and all but her husband, Matt, wouldn't come because of their daughter. Which was fine with her. But still, it's kind of hard watching a whole bunch of people all happy and in love when you're alone. I could relate... It'd been happening to me all weeked!

"Don't even think about sitting here! You're sitting with Marcus" she said very sassy. I looked at her, unsure about how I'd exactly go about getting Marcus to sit with me. I looked over to him and he signalled for me to sit with him. Oh my god, Marcus wants me to sit with him. This was all just too much to handle right now. First, he likes me. Second, he wants to watch a scary movie with me. 

I smiled shyly at Louise and walked over to Marcus. "Hey."

"Come sit with me!"

I sat down and looked over to Zoe for confirmation, and she, along with the rest of the girls were smiling and giggling to themselves. Honestly, why is this such a big deal? PJ got up and turned the light off and Marcus put his arm around me. Holy crap! I really can't fucking deal with this, but I moved myself into him so I could be comfortable. 

The movie went well. I mean, it was pretty scary but nothing was scarier than having Marcus' arm around me and being able to hear his soft breaths into my shoulder. Actually at one point he'd pulled me into him so my head was resting on his shoulder. And that was all cute and adorable until I needed to use the bathroom and when I returned, only his arm went back to my shoulder. I mean, what was I expecting? Us to have a hot make-out session in front of all these people? To have a hot make-out session at all? The movie ended and Phil turned the light on. Terri and Finn were sleeping in one another's arms and Jack and Sierra were right beside them sleeping as well. Biscuit and Caspar had apparently gone to bed during the movie (when that happened, I don't know), and well... everybody else was asleep uncomfortably somewhere on the couches. Phil and PJ went upstairs to sleep and it was just Marcus and I. I rolled over to see if he was even awake. He wasn't. Damn, now I'd have to either sneak my way upstairs without waking anybody up or to try and fall asleep here. I shook myself out of Marcus' grasp and stepped over Louise.

"Hey, wait up!"

I turned around and Marcus was getting up. I waited for him and we headed up the stairs. We didn't say anything on our way upstairs but it wasn't awkward either. I guess, at this point, it was implied that we'd be sleeping in the same room because we both walked into Finn's room at the same time. I threw myself into the bed so my head was looking out of the window (which had been strategically placed right by the head of the bed). I could hear Marcus behind me undoing his belt and taking his pants off. He slid into the bed and I closed my eyes. It was sort of sad that we weren't even touching. I thought that even if we weren't a couple it would be okay for him to put his arm around me or something. I guess he was shy... I turned to face him and he was looking at the ceiling.

"You okay?" I managed to say.

"Yeah... I'm just thinking."

"About?" I was curious.

"You. And me. I don't know..."

Oh wow. "What don't you know?"

"Where we stand. Or where I stand really."

"We don't need to know where we stand, Marcus. I just like being near you and seeing you and being able to touch you."

"I guess yeah, that's okay then."

"Now sleep, okay?" I whispered as I turned over again

He didn't move. Welp, I guess he didn't want to cuddle as we slept. But where did we stand? I think I was just talking shit when he said he didn't know. I guess what I said was true. We just like each other and like being around eachother, but we didn't have to have a label right now. I really wanted him though... I reached over and grabbed his hand and rolled back over. He moved too so we were in the spooning position. Me, the small spoon and he, the big spoon. I looked out the window with Marcus' arm across my chest and wondered how long this could possibly last. I was really happy.