Chapter 7

Liv's POV

      After riding out my orgasm I just laid in Haynes arms. I couldn't have moved even if I wanted to for two reasons. One I was still recovering from the best feeling of my entire life and two Haynes had me clasped to his chest in a grip I couldn't break. Not that I would try.
      I suddenly felt embarrassment come over me. I mean I barely even knew this man and I was doing sexual activities with him in a barn of all places. How low can I get. I could feel myself blushing.
      Haynes threw his head back and laugh adding to my embarrassment. "No reason to be shy now bunny. There will be many more encounters just like this with us."
      I pushed at his chest until he released me. I huffed and got up "I barely know you. I shouldn't be doing anything..." I couldn't even figure out how to word what we did, "like that with you."
      He just smiled. "You mean like when I bent you over and stuck my fingers in your dripping wet pussy, or when I gave you the best orgasm you have ever gotten in your life."
      Oh my gosh. He could not be serious. At this point I think he is just trying to embarrass me. "I'm leaving," I say and turn towards the door.
      He laughs again with that mischievous smile on his face that made me feel wet all over again. "Aren't you forgetting something bunny."
      You have got to be kidding me. Was I really about to walk out of this barn without my pants?
      "Don't worry bunny. I never would've let you walk out there indecent. You are mine, and I don't like others seeing what belongs to me."
      "What the heck is wrong with him? "I don't belong to you. I'm not an object."
      "I never said you were bunny. I only said that you were mine. As in my person."
      He really had some nerve. "I'm not yours."
      All of the sudden the mischievous expression was gone and replaced with something dangerous. The face that made me remember the type of person that Haynes really was. "Are you trying to say you belong to someone else. Let me tell you little one that will not end very well for you." His band rested on his belt.
      I felt fear run down my spine. He wouldn't really hurt me would he. "You wouldn't," I said standing my ground.
      He started to undo his belt. "I wouldn't put you over my knee and spank you until you felt me every time your ass hits a surface. Tell me you aren't mine again and find out bunny."
      I backed away "No. no, I am perfectly ok thank you." I pick up my pants and sash from the floor to put them on. "I best be going now. You know queenly things to do. Maybe I will see around." The nerves made my voice shake.
      He only smiled again in response and put his belt back through the loops of his pants and righting his cowboy hat. "I think I will come with you darlin'. Wouldn't want anyone to touch what is mine." He looked at me as if daring me to challenge him on it. Almost as if he wanted to punish me.
      How crazy was this that I had started hanging out with this boy less than a week ago and he had already staked his claim on me. I mean people can't do that right.
      "Can I ask you a question without you getting mad at me."
      He turned to me as we walked. "Go ahead."
      I tried to keep my voice from shaking. I was oddly nervous for some reason. "Why do you keep saying things like I'm yours and that I belong to you. I mean we aren't even dating."
      He stops us and drags me around to face him.
      His face is serious and he grabs my arm and pulls me to him. I'm helpless against his strength, and I am forced to move closer to him as he pulls me into his chest.
      "Let me make one thing crystal clear so we both know how this is going to work. Liv Fallon, I have been obsessed with you from the first second I saw you. I don't mean I had a crush on you. I mean I could watch you all day and never get bored. I'm saying this because I want you to know that when I want something bad enough, I usually get it. All the rodeo wins, wrestling, weightlifting; they were things I wanted. I did whatever I had to do to make it happen and it did. It's the same with you darlin'. I want you, so I won't rest until I can have you. You might as well accept it because I'm here for the long run baby. You let me in, and I'm not leaving anytime soon."
      I gasped, here was this man who had barely said more than a few words to me over the last few years and he is processing his undying love or I guess obsession is the better word.
      "Haynes, you are a nice guy, but..."
      "He grips my shoulder so tightly that I wince. He seems to see it and lightens his grip somewhat. He shakes his head. "Don't say it. Don't you dare. Not before you give me a damn chance. Do you have any idea how long I have been planning this!" His hands are in his hair and he has let go of me to pace back and fort his head shaking.
      He looks almost... stressed, maybe even in pain. This guy is psycho. I mean his actions are plain scary, need to be in a mental asylum crazy. I should probably be running for the hills from the way he is acting. All this back and forth is crazy and he probably has bipolar disorder or something like that. One second he is full of ego and making demands and the next he is looking pained and practically begging me to give him a change. I should be scared. I should be... but I can't help but like that someone feels this strongly about me.
      I sighed and put my hand on his shoulder. "Haynes, look I'm not saying I don't want to give us a chance to become something. I'm just saying we don't really know each other. I mean this is crazy. I just had my first real conversation with you days ago!"
      He turned back to me. "Look Liv. I'm not trying to scare you off." He looked stressed for a second again and seemed to shake it off. "Trust me that is the very last thing I want to do. I just really like you and I want you to realize that I'm willing to fight for us to become an us."
      It was sweet that he liked me that much. It might have been a little scary that he was already so controlling over a girl that wasn't even his girlfriend, but maybe that just meant that he cared about me so much he didn't want anything to happen to me. I mean he had said that he was scared of other men taking advantage of me. Right now he was currently looking at me with those gorgeous green eyes and walking beside me to make sure I was safe. Haynes Cole may just be the first guy that made me feel truly wanted. Not wanted because of the titles or the magazine covers but because of who I was as a person.
      I cleared my throat because I was thinking way to much into this. "Why don't we just see where things go."
      He nodded, "I guess I can deal with that." We continued walking in silence for a few seconds until I felt a hand slip into my own. I looked up and my eyes met his own. I didn't pull my hand away. That was the last thing I wanted to do.
      I blushed not really knowing what to say. I decided to change the subject to something else. "Are you excited to see me ride today."
      He laughed, "Livy, I'd be excited watching you do just about anything. Today is a special treat for me though because I get to see if everything I taught you really stuck with you."
      I laughed, "I hope so or you may see me land face first in a puddle of mud."
      We arrived at the stable and found a worker at the front. He looked to be in his late teens and had on a cowboy hat and an unbuttoned flannel shirt. "Hey, I'm Livy. I'm supposed to be riding in the rodeo with the other queens."
      He seemed to look me up and down. "I like the outfit. Pink is your color." He grabbed reigns from the wall and a saddle. "Follow me and I'll show you your horse and get it ready for you. Her name is Ginger and she is a nice little thing. You'll love her."
      Haynes stepped in front of me and practically snatched the reigns and saddle from the boy. "I'll take care of it for her. Thanks though." While his tone was nice the smile he gave the boy was anything but friendly. The skinny teen suddenly had a look of realization on his face.
      "I can't believe I didn't recognize you before. You're Haynes Cole. I saw your bull ride on tv last month. I can't believe you stayed on that long with Tank. You must have some crazy grip strength or something!" The boy stopped awing over Haynes when he saw the look on his face.
      "You could say that," Haynes said turning away from the boy and grabbing my arm with his free hand before pulling me farther into the stable.
      He seemed to be angry again. Had I done something wrong. I couldn't remember saying anything that would make him mad again.
      I tried to pull him to a stop and he turned to face me once again. "Haynes, what's wrong? Did I do something wrong?"
      His face softened. "No of course you didn't bunny. I'm not mad at you. I just didn't really like that boy over there."
      I didn't understand. "I mean he seemed really nice to me and he definitely really liked you."
      "Liv, baby are you that blind. He was flirting with you."
      I let out a surprised laugh. "No, he wasn't. He just said he liked my outfit. That's not necessary in the guide for flirting 101. He was just making small talk."
      "He was making small talk to try to get in your pants, and it won't be happening on my watch."
      "Haynes, I think you are being unreasonable." I rolled my eyes at him.
      He stepped closer to me. So close I had to tilt my head up just to be able to meet his unrelenting gaze.
      "You haven't seen unreasonable."
      That's all he said before he grabbed my arm and started walking further into the stable again. We walked for a few moments until we got to a worn stable door with the word Ginger on a nameplate beside it.
      Haynes opened the door and started letting the horse. She was a gorgeous brown horse with a mane that seemed to shine in the light. He motioned me to come closer. "Come pet her so she can get used to you."
      I hesitatingly walked towards the horse and gently started petting her snout.
      Haynes put the saddle blanket down first and then sat the saddle on the horse. I watched as the tightened the saddle and put the reigns on.
      He crooked a finger at me to come closer. I walked towards him and was surprised to be engulfed in an embrace. Haynes Cole had just given me the best hug of my life. It was warm and comfy and his arms seemed to reach all around my body because he was so big. He rested his head on mine. "You're gonna he great today. I'm gonna walk you out and stand close to the gate. If you need help or something you can always come and get me."
      I nodded in his embrace. The hug went on for a few more moments. It was comforting and really the first hug I had gotten for as long as I could remember. I wasn't going to the be the first person to break it so I just relaxed in his hold. Haynes eventually released me and stepped back. I let out a surprised squeak when he grabbed me around my waist and hoisted me onto the horse.
      "Alright Cowgirl. Let's get going. He grabbed my reigns and starting walking me out of the stable talking the whole time about how I needed to make sure I flowed with the horse and that I needed to make sure to go at the pace I was comfortable with.
      I met the other queens at the gate of the arena. One was Callie Mitchells who was Teen Miss Texas Rodeo. She was a beautiful red head with long hair and a personality that had always drew me to her. I gave her a smile and she returned it. The other queen was Samantha Herron. A girl who I had competed with on more than one occasion and who hated my guts more than anything. She currently held the title of Teen Miss North Texas and would be one of my biggest contender for Teen Miss Texas USA. She was an absolute bitch and I dreaded even trying to any kind of interaction with her. She made eye contact with me and only huffed before turning back around on her horse. Guess she wasn't even going to try to be nice this time around. Haynes let go of my horses reigns. "I'm gonna go now." He pointed over to the other side of the arena. "I'll be right over there. Let me know if you need anything."
      He had a mischievous smile on his face as he leaned closer to me so the other girls couldn't hear anything. "Good luck bunny. I'll be cheering for you."
      I blushed and couldn't help but smile back at him. "Thanks for helping me get here."
      He looked me in my eye and grabbed my hand. "Of course Livy. You know I would do anything for you." With that he walked away and I was left with my own thoughts.