Chapter 9: Breakdown

It was nighttime.Well, more like really early in the morning Killer layed in bed, staring at the ceiling. Everything else had gone well the rest of the day. Horror even managed to hit Nightmare seemingly without him finding out. He didn't know where to go from their. It was 'normal' again. It was kinda boring and disappointing. He had basically nothing to do now. No action again. He sighed and sat up. 'You know what, ima go get a snack from the kitchen'. He thought to himself, standing up.

He got up and silently walked out of his room. He tiptoed towards the way of the kitchen until he heard sme compassion in Dust's room. The door was peeked open so he looked inside. He saw Nightmare was in their bent down facing someone. On the far side of the room, Dust balled up crying. He hesitated before opening the door a little bit. He should help. Dust was his friend and it looked like Nightmare being their wasn't helping anything.

"Hm. Oh. Whe hello K. What are you doing up so early?" Nightmare asked, turning around. "Couldn't sleep. What's going on here?" Nightmare hummed. "Dust had another Nightmare, this time it wasn't my doing and I couldn't control it. It affected him so badly, it drove him into a panic and I'm not sure how to help. If he keeps going on like this though then he might break his soul." He mumbled, looking back at the shaking Dust on the ground. "His soul? Can-can I help?" Killered asked, stuttering at the thought of him possibly dying. Nightmare nodded and motioned for him to go over.

Killer took a breath and got on his knees, crawling over and stopping a few feet in front of him. Usually people in this state of mind did not want to be close to people. "Hey Dust, you with me buddy?" Killer asked. A stupid question, yes, but he needed to get his attention in a... not so scary way. "G-go a-away." He sobbed, curling further into himself. "Hey hey, I won't come any closer, but I need you to listen to me, alright buddy? Can you do that for me?" Dust whimpered and nodded.

"Alright, just tune into my voice. Try not to lose me. Can you look up at me real quick?" Killer asked, still in a calm and soothing voice. "N-no! Y'all sh-shouldn't *inhale* shouldn't have to s-see me l-like th-this. I dont w-want y'all t-to. I'm n-not a wimp, I sw-swear." "Shh." Killer luled, trying to calm him down. "We know, we know. This is normal, don't worry about it." Dust sniffled and lifted his head up, just enough for Killer to see his eyes. "Their he is." He said in a joking-ish manner, trying to get a smile out of Dust. He forgot Dust didn't smile much, if any.

"Hey, breathe with me alright. In 6, hold 6, out 6. Just like last time this happened." Dust slightly nodded. They went through those breathing exercises a few times before Dust had finally caught his breath again, mostly calm. "Wow, I'm impressed. I couldn't even get him to look at me, or talk to me for that matter." Nightmare whispered, kneeling down beside killed. He smiled. "I've been through this enough to know how it goes. It takes patience, time and space." He whispered back, making sure Dust wasn't about to start up again.

Killer crawled over to him and lifted his head. "You alright bro?" He asked. Dust seemed hesitant, but nodded. "Want a hug?" Dust nodded slowly and Killer brought him into his embrace. "I don't know what it was about, and I'm not gonna pry, but you're alright. You're safe here and nothing bad's gonna happen, not even with Boss. You can trust me" He mumbled. Dust, still shaking, nodded. "Th-thank you." He sniffled out. Killer felt his mouth lift into a little smile."Anytime buddy."

"Alright. Killer, I'm assigning you to be with him tonight. Y'all don't have to sleep together, that's a bit....weird, but at least stay in the same room." Nightmare said, once they were done hugging. They both nodded in agreement. "Alright, goodnight you two. See y'all in the morning." He said, leaving. Their was an awkward silence for a moment.

"Can we go to your room? I don't wanna be in here right now." Dust finally asked. "Of course. Let's go." He said, getting up and helping Dust up to his feet. He nodded, grabbing a blanket, some pillows, and a plushie Error gave to him of Papyrus' head (you know what I'm talking about.) "Alright, I'm ready, let's go.