3. There

𝕿𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖊𝖑𝖙𝖘 𝖙𝖔 𝖆 𝖘𝖍𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖐.

𝕴 𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖓 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖇𝖚𝖗𝖓.

𝕯𝖔 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖐 𝕴 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖌𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖗𝖓.

~𝓛𝓪𝓭𝔂 𝓛𝓪𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓾𝓼," 𝓢𝔂𝓵𝓿𝓲𝓪 𝓟𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓱

__________________________________

School.

To put it simply, Kagayaku HATED it. She hated the chattering crowds, the heat of the day beating down on her back as she walked through the doors, and the long, dreadful lessons. What even was the point of listening to a teacher drone on and on about garbage the entire day? A massive waste of time, if you ask her. Kagayaku didn't listen half the time, so she normally leeches off of her best friend, Mepuru, for answers on tests. Seeing her BFF was probably the only good thing about going to school, I mean- what is better than seeing your friends? Writing a 10 page essay on Daisies?

The hybrid sighed, trudging towards the door. Mepuru wouldn't get here for another hour, so she'd have to stick around on her own for a bit. She entered the school behind a group of laughing NightWings, and immediately went towards the social area, where she'd normally wait for her SandWing friend. I wonder if Makoto goes to school The hybrid thought, sitting down at the usual table she sat at. She fiddled with her talons, lost in thought.

"Oh, lookie who it is!" A voice rang out. Kagayaku growled, she immediately knew who it was. She looked up, eyes narrowed. She was met with a bright garnet SkyWing, with a green and yellow RainWing and a reddish brown MudWing stood beside her. "Aella." Growled Kaga, not getting up from her seat. Aella was a rich SkyWing, and was basically the typical bratty popular girl stereotype you'd get in the stories, she had loads of friends, and was a literal gossip queen. Always caught up on drama, she was. "So, little hybrid. Gonna give us the money?" She hissed, looking down on Kagayaku as if she were an ant. The hybrid rolled her eyes. She literally has come out of the stories.

"Get lost Aella." Growled Kagayaku, feeling her urge to stab her in the neck with her tail barb. "Oooooh. You tryna stick up for yourself?" The SkyWing flung out her wings to their full length. "I'm soooo scared!" Her friends laughed, but it certainly wasn't funny, not because of the bullying, but rather, it was because her sense of humor was about as bad as a blind dragon's sight, and that's saying something. "Hey! Hey! Knock it off!" Came a voice, seemingly originating from the doorway. Aella, her friends, and Kagayaku turned to the sound. The hybrid knew who had yelled that in a million years.

Mepuru.

Thank Astra! She's come early! Kagayaku thought happily, breathing a sigh of relief as the fox coloured SandWing came storming up to them. "Uh oh." One of Aella friend's whispered, lowering her head in fear. Aella herself growled in anger, smoke twirling up from her nostrils as she spoke. "You won this time, hybrid, but I'll get you next time." She hissed before storming off. Mepuru watched them leave, before turning to Kagayaku and smiling. "Sorry about them. Anyways, you wanna go to class?" Kagayaku smiled back, before nodding. "Sure, let's go."

ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ...

Nothing interesting had really happened in the day- the teacher took the register, and then she started droning on and on. It was SO boring. Kagayaku didn't even listen in maths, or literacy, or history. In fact, she never listened in any subject, and now it was the worst time of the day- the bit where she learnt about whatever her "topic" was. The hybrid groaned. Get me out of here. She thought, her head on the desk in an exhausted manner. "Now, today we are starting a new topic: Deities!" The teacher said, her tone a bit happier for once. "The deity we will be focusing on today is..." She started writing something on the blackboard. Not like Kagayaku cared, all she thought about was going home and eating sandwiches.

"Makoto, the goddess of life and death!"

...WHAT. That caught Kagayaku's attention, causing her to sit up immediately. "That sure caught your interest." Mepuru whispered to her, laughing. Kaga started to think back to last night, where she'd met that IceWing. The grass grew wherever she stood, and she was also able to kill it. Not to mention she said her name was Makoto as well. For once, Kagayaku had to listen. She looked at the blackboard, which had 'Makoto: Goddess of Life + Death' written on it in chalk. "Now, Makoto is one of the most well known goddesses, as well as one of the most powerful, considering she rules over life as well as death." The teacher began, doing a little sketch of Makoto on the board.

Kagayaku inspected the drawing closely. Unique horns? The dragon she met last night had the exact shape. Markings under eyes and on back? The dragon last night had them, exact shape. Spines that get lighter at the tips? The dragon last night had them. The hybrid gasped. She had met a goddess last night! She continued to listen for the entire of the topic lesson, before the bell rang for lunch.