20. Storm

𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖌𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖌𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖋 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖗𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉,

𝕿𝖍𝖞 𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊, 𝖜𝖍𝖔𝖒 𝕴 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖔 𝖋𝖆𝖎𝖗.

𝕴 𝖙𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖊, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊

𝕴 𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖎𝖒 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉.

~ 𝓘𝓷 𝓜𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓪𝓶 𝓐. 𝓗. 𝓗. 𝓫𝔂 𝓐𝓵𝓯𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓣𝓮𝓷𝓷𝔂𝓼𝓸𝓷

______________________________

Today was it. The day this storm would come and tear Sanctuary apart, or whatever the radio weather reporter said. The hybrid could see it brewing in the sky, mother nature's plot to wreak havoc upon the town, marring the once beautiful sky blue atmosphere with ugly grey clouds. Kagayaku took a shaky breath, seeing the awful weather out of her bedroom window, her body adorned with horrible scars after the incident last week.

"This weather repulses me." Came a voice from behind the dragonet.

Kagayaku jumped and whirled around to see Ace, her older sister. Upon seeing her kin, the younger hybrid quickly calmed down. "Ace, why are you here? I thought I specifically said I wanted to be alone." The dragonet grumbled, narrowing her lemon yellow coloured eyes.

"Yeah, well... I have somethin' I wanna say." Ace stated, striding over and sitting herself down on Kagayaku's bed next to the Dragonet, extending a wing over her back and pulling her injured body close. "I'm movin' out."

Kagayaku gasped as if she'd seen a murder, eyes going as wide as saucers. "M-Moving out?! No... Ace, you can't leave me!" She exclaimed, wrapping her arms around her elder sister and holding back tears, though failing to do so. "Sorry, Kaga, but I just racked in enough savings to buy a home, and I kinda wanna get outta 'ere." The older hybrid said, wrapping her wings around Kagayaku as she returned the hug. "Tell ya what, how about we go for a fly before I go? I'm gonna be 'ere at least another week, so at least it's not right at this moment, y'know."

"Okay, Ace, we can go for a fly before the storm begins." Kagayaku mumbled.

Ace grinned and ruffled Kagayaku's spines like hair. "That's more like it! Now, get ready, we gotta get goin' soon or else the storm'll start." She exclaimed as she pulled away from her sister and left the room, giving one last smile to Kaga before her departure. Kagayaku sat on her bed for a little while, staring at the dull skies with things racing around her mind, whether it be questions or random things, Kagayaku couldn't keep up with her own thoughts.

Then, slowly, she began moving, putting on a coat in case of rain and leaving her room, going into the living room to see Ace dressed in similar attire. The older hybrid grinned, showing off her white triangular teeth. "Took you long enough! Now, let's get going, shall we?" She exclaimed, waltzing over to Kagayaku and grabbing her hand, taking her to the front door and placing her talons on the handle, ready to open the door until Boreal came through, eyeing the two sisters. Kagayaku gasped while Ace seemed unfazed by her presence.

"Where do you two think you're going?" The IceWing snarled, fangs showing menacingly.

"Out." Ace replied quickly, her facial expression shifting into the usual tired one that's worn everyday.