chptr 57

Leia examined herself cautiously in her full-length mirror, tilting her head and pursing her lips at the sight. She had been trying on various kinds of outfits for the last twenty minutes or so but she couldn't seem to find the right one. Right now she was wearing high-waisted jeans with a halter top she thought always looked cute on her, but now she wasn't feeling the cuteness at all. She sighed in disappointment.

Normally she wouldn't be very self-conscious about what she wore as long as they were comfy and cute. But today was different for her. It seemed like the start of a new era in her life— the Calum era.

She still couldn't believe that after all the shit that happened to her in the past few months, she'd still end up happily in Calum's arms.

Boyfriend. The term was strange for her. Sure, she's dated a few guys over the years but this was the first time she'd ever been truly in love. And a part of her was terrified at that thought.

Downstairs, the doorbell rang. She heard her little brother's cry of "I'll get it!" so she didn't bother coming down. She was applying a little bit of lipgloss when she saw her phone light up with a text message.

from: Calum ❤️💙💛
Hey where r u i miss u :(

A slaphappy smile spread on her lips. She had literally just seen him two hours ago. She was starting to type back a text to him when Warren knocked on the door to her room and swung it open. "Lei, some dude's looking for you."

Her eyebrows furrowed. "What kind of dude?"

"A really tall dude. With tattoos. And his shirt and his pants had holes in them." He shook his head. "I think he's a hobo. But he smelled nice."

She immediately recognized the description. Leia couldn't help but laugh at her little brother's first account of her boyfriend. She ruffled his hair playfully before sauntering out of her room. "You're right, War, he probably is a hobo."

She bounded down the staircase two at a time, her heartbeat already fluttering at the thought of Calum at her doorstep. She yanked the door open and was greeted by the sight of Calum standing awkwardly with his hands stuffed in his pockets— but his face immediately lit up when he saw it was her. He wasted no time in pulling her lips to his and wrapping his hands around her waist, raising her above ground a little. They pulled away from each other, a little breathless and giggly.

"Gross," Warren proclaimed from behind them. They scampered away from each other at the sound of his voice. "Why are you kissing the hobo, Leia?"

Hobo? Calum mouthed to his girlfriend, who just shrugged and smirked. He looked down on himself. He looked pretty okay. Now he felt a little self-conscious.

"Warren, this is Calum," she said, nodding to both boys. "He's my boyfriend."

Unexpectedly a small squeak came from Calum. Boyfriend. God, what a beautiful word, he thought. Leia raised an eyebrow at him in silent question, but he just smiled weakly. "Nothing," he mumbled. He felt possessiveness wash over him, so he moved to stand closer to Leia and entwined his fingers with hers.

"Calum, you know Warren, my little brother," she continued.

"Hi, how are you?" Calum said politely.

He just stared at Calum.

After two solid moments he snapped his fingers. "Wait, I remember you!" Warren half-shouted, pointing an accusing finger at Calum. "You're the same guy that tried to kiss my sister on the porch a few weeks ago! Then you almost fell in our bushes."

Calum groaned unconsciously. He didn't want to ever remember that particular moment in his life, but of course that wasn't the way the universe worked. He sighed. "Yeah," he muttered. Seeming satisfied, Warren stalked away into another room.